Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody rode crewsville rd. and sweetwater rd. in southern florida, by arcadia and zolfo springs. im looking to go there i here it is very nice roads. if anybody is interested let me know.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Go to Jennings its a lot safier there and a lot more fun.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Sorry the title of this one just caught me ... started laughing and couldn't stop ... twisties ... Florida ... hahahahaha

·
Registered
9 Posts
it is kinda like the t shirt at the dragon gas station says......"florida......11 curves in 318 miles..." hahaha twisties....florida giv me a break

·
Registered
182 Posts
Twisties-Florida= Garbage bag ties or Joints.............
exit or on ramps do not count here!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe you just dont kno where to ride. yea there is 99% straight roads but i have seen some twisty roads with some hills. they are def. there so get around in the back woods of lake county and look around, if you cant find them maybe pm me and i will take you on a tour. somebody has to kno where i talking about

·
Registered
270 Posts
Been all over those roads, down near Desoto dragstrip. Not bad roads to ride, and not a lot of traffic around there either. There are roads to ride here, just more straight ones than curves. The only reason we get tired of them is because we can ride 12 months a year....

·
Registered
92 Posts
have you fl boys ever try snake road off the ally I heard it was a blast. Also Theres a place call the Omini in ft.myers an old parking lot with turns and ahit I heard that you can dragg knees and everything there. just my .02

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Unless you've ridden for more than a "passing through" ride in Florida, shut up. There are twistie sections of roads all over the place. The only inconvenience in that they are not all consecutive.

Besides, I'd rather face the potential lowside here in Florida, slide for a bit, get up and say "Fuck!', than lowside somewhere up North, slip off of a cliff face and say "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu---".

I have plenty of fun riding here in Florida. And we have a few decent race tracks, too.

-J

PS ..... Do any of you up north have 12 month riding seasons?

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
does anyone know where .6 is? I heard its somewhere here in sebring?

Yes point sick is in sebring, but I heard they were building it out so it maybe opened up by now. Its suppose to be an apartment complex that fell through. So they just have the paved roads.

I kinda remember how to get there. You know the main road that takes you to the Sebring race track, well on that street there is a Circle K I believe with a Subway in the same plaza. You drive down that street youll pass a few apartment complexes and go all the way to the back and make a left. If you dont find it, hit me up on PM I will get the correct directions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shizit what spots are you riding around here??

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
12 month riding season huh? I am about to park my bike for the summer 105* heat index is getting out of control.

As far as twisties yes they are few and far between. The cops know of most of them so hitting a industrial park early on a Sun. morning becomes the norm. Then I bought a track bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
beilive it or not down here in broward you can find twisties all over here there are so many damn huge gated communities that there probally long enough to actually step on it, its not highway twisties but some of these places are in the middle of nowwhere and have long winding roads.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yup, I ride a whole bunch of them between Clearwater and Brooksville almost every Sunday.

Some really nice roads. Not canyons but not flat either. Takes you through some really nice scenery. These roads are so far off the beaten path, vacationers and passers by would definitely never see them unless visiting someone that lived out by them. The build highways on the flat lands for you vacationers and save the good roads for us.

·
Registered
79 Posts
everyone I ride with usually got to Bennoune road just before you get into Apoka. Also out by Alexander Springs isnt too bad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts