With multiple engines, there is actually always a lead engine. This can be accomplished by simply changing the timing by a couple of degrees on one. As mentioned earlier, the bike was built in the early 90's and we have been trying to understand some of the reasoning behind the builder's decisions...most of them have been really well thought out. Upon tearing down the top ends, we learned that the cam specs were a little different between the engines, one head had light porting, the other was extrude honed...just little differences between the two. With the new overhaul, I'm trying to bring them a little closer. I agree, they seem to be out of synch. We've spent alot of time playing with the throttle cables. I know they are both wide open at full throttle, the problem is the bike has never seen full throttle...lots of wheel spin at anything over 3/4 throttle. 203mph at only 7 grand!! If it was easy, everybody would build this shit.
I still believe the coupler's idler was a weak design and the plan was to just lube the chain before each run. I'll see if I have a picture of the updated coupler and the new upper chain guide. I'm going to install a chain lube system as well, its going to make a mess but hopefully it will help. I've only run the bike on the short course, its got a long way to go before I trust it on the long course. I plan on retiring my Busa this year, the Double is way more fun!!