Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Wow, you sure took the bull by the horns with that new coupler setup! The sophistication level is up a few notches, eh? That should be a great durability improvement. Good luck with your runs. I'm rooting for ya.

· Premium Member
1,146 Posts
You sure suffered some frustration there. That must have been pretty stressful. I was cheering you on as I read of your troubles. You fought through it all, but I guess you need the conditions to cooperate too before you can get a good run, even if you have handled all the mechanical issues. It's too bad there isn't an easy way to get a test run in before you load up to go to the flats.

I was thinking maybe even a drag strip run would at least get you half way there. Perhaps you would discover at least one or two issues before hand. I know you'd barely get it rolling before you'd have to stop at the end, but maybe the clutch slave issue would have showed up. It seems like part of the game is just having everything sound, so that you can take advantage if conditions are good. This time, it sounds like they were just not very good at all, and it wasn't not really the mechanical issues that scrubbed the effort. You guys must have worked relentlessly to get it all back and ready to run.

Thanks for letting us know how it all went. The pictures are pretty cool.

· Premium Member
1,146 Posts
That sounds like a good way to approach it. Do everything you can, but keep it in mind that the main thing is to enjoy the people around you and the experience. It can be all too easy to get caught up in the fight when you are competing, but it sounds like you are enjoying the ride. Good luck for the next set of runs!

· Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Wow, that is a lot of busywork just before you take a run. I am imagining what would run through your head as the pilot. The routine can get your mind settled just before its show time. Then out of nowhere, suddenly you are focused and the moment has come. And you will execute that perfect run.

Thanks for the update. This bike is a very cool result of years of work and thought. Good luck on your next run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts