Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 02 600 and it turns but dosnt fire i tryed starting fluid to make sure it wasnt lack of feul.then i changed the plugs cause the old ones were pretty old and dirty.but it still just turns u can hear the air thru the exhaust sputer.im thinking its spark but not sure on where to check first help me out>????

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm no expert, but try taking one of the spark plugs out of the engine, then try turning it over. Repeat for each plug to ensure each one is sparking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was down for a little while. i took it down to frame and motor to have everything chromed and polished so it had some sit time i put it back together and the battery was dead i put a new battrey in and it wouldnt kick.its getting feul the pump and relay are kicking and i put all new plugs in and the plugs are getting gas so im thinking its gotta be ignition?

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
chromedGSXR said:
i dotn know how to put it in dealer mode???
Can't remember exactly how to, but do a search and i'm sure it will come up.

Good luck.

·
Registered
234 Posts
DEALER MODE!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A PAPER CLIP OR WIRE JUMP THE TWO WIRES IN YOUR TRUCK SHOULD BE A MALE PLUG WITH TO WIRES and a 4 port plug.

I SHIT IN MY PANTS TRYING TO FIND THE PLUG WIRE>>> LOOK BETWEEN REAR FARING AND TRUNK IF YOU CANT FIND IN TRUNK!!!!!!******

·
Registered
124 Posts
you nver said if it started on starting fluid, if it was running when you parked i would check the fuel sysytem, what kind of gas was left in the bike? race fuel is good for guming up when sitting. u can start by checking fuel pump, fuel pressure, if both check out good, pull the plugs and ground them to the head to check for spark, if all else fail pull the injectors and have them tested
good luck

·
Registered
300 Posts
My 750 was / still is experiencing the same problem.
Bike was running great and stopped for fuel, wouldn't refire. Waited 10 minutes and fired right up. It was intermittent, but then became constant.
Cleaned fuel filter, checked crankshaft position sensor, plugs looked great, and adjusted throttle position sensor. Everything seems to be working now, but the battery is shot. I am replacing this weekend to see what problems may exist from there. The charging system checks out, but the battery is over 5 years old.
I hope this fixes it as I am running out of ideas and have been chasing my patience for a while now.
Hopefully this may help you for things to look at, but any ideas would be apprciated as well.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
GSXRSE7EN said:
My 750 was / still is experiencing the same problem.
Bike was running great and stopped for fuel, wouldn't refire. Waited 10 minutes and fired right up. It was intermittent, but then became constant.
Cleaned fuel filter, checked crankshaft position sensor, plugs looked great, and adjusted throttle position sensor. Everything seems to be working now, but the battery is shot. I am replacing this weekend to see what problems may exist from there. The charging system checks out, but the battery is over 5 years old.
I hope this fixes it as I am running out of ideas and have been chasing my patience for a while now.
Hopefully this may help you for things to look at, but any ideas would be apprciated as well.
Sometimes that's the behavior as a battery starts to go south... that could be the whole of your problem. But make sure you check the charging voltage on your new battery at 5K (I actually check at a few points in the rpm range). If that's not it - you might also check the starter relay.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The last thing I did was change the battery and all is good. The battery would slowly lose voltage. Now it fires in under 2 seconds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
One other thing to check would be the switch undernearth the clutch lever. Unplug the cord running into the switch and put 1 piece of safety wire in the both ends of the plug to complete the circuit. This recently happened to my bike and drove me nuts for hours and I it was fixed in 2 seconds. You can search for my most recents posts and find the thread. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my 04 GSXR 600 sitting for six weeks while I was out of town, battery tender hooked up, came back, battery was shot, wouldn't hold the charge, replaced the battery and tried to start the bike, it would turn but it wouldn't start. I had her up on stands, so I would put it in gear and try to start it, I had the kickstand up, for some reason the rear wheel would turn as the engine was trying to turn,with the clutch pulled in, but didn't start... replaced spark plugs, checked for spark, everything was good, I had checked all the fuses by now, so the tail was completely off, that's when I noticed that the power commander wasn't coming on, there were no lights on, so that got me thinking... I took the power commander out of the equation and she started right up, hooked up the power commander back on and it wouldn't start, so I removed it for now, will have to look into why its not coming on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts