Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
II just got a GSX-R600 (97) and i've been practicing the circles for the road test. I've noticed however, that the bike will turn more to the left than to the right. It's such a difference that I can do the circles going left, but I can't do them going right. Anyone know if this is common on my bike or sport bikes in general?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You probably just favor left hand turns.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I can physically look at the bike from the front and notice the wheel turns more to the left than to the right. THe frame looks to be in good shape and the stoppers on the frame neck seem to be fine. Just weird I guess...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
left handlebar actually touches the gas tank. I know that can't be right. Looks like on the right side of that peg thingie on the frame neck that the two other pegs sticking up from the cross bar (not sure of names here) hit to stop the wheels from turning on each direction, has a little indentation for it, and it's barely touching it (my gas tank actually stops the handlebar before it does. Now I'm worried... Maybe the right turn is fine, but it's turning too much to the left...

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
check if your back tire is straight on the swing arm
check the adjustments
I adjusted mine when I bought it cause the other owner had the chain tight lke on a bmx bike so I loosened it a bit and after I did i noticed it was hard for me to lean the bike right then leaning left. and if I tried no hands the bike veared right on its own I had to sit on the left of the seat to equal the weight distribution. but after a few rides I quickly corrected it
now I can ride standing up in a parking lot for days with no hands by turning up the idle
keep posted

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
left handlebar actually touches the gas tank. I know that can't be right.
Correct, the bar should not be that far round. Think your gonna need a front paddock stand to get a proper look, or get a bike garage to have a quick look for you. Youll need to put full right lock on and see where the contact points between the forks and frame are. Then apply full left lock and try and spot whats missing.

Does it roll in a stright line okay?

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
if you have a steering damper check that too... those can stop the bars at a certain point if not set up properly... also see if the left bar is actually a bit bent if the bike was ever dropped by the previous owner (see if both have the same angle)

either way when you're actually riding for real then you will never have to worry about it because you never turn the bars that far at speed, so don't worry about it now, just compensate for it for your test and then forget about it (as long as everything else is straight that is
).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.