Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. get this, I've just installed a new set of aftermarket turn signals (lockhart phillips short stalks), but there's something funny going on. Sometimes they blink when the switch is activated, sometimes they don't (they'll just stay lit, like they would if a bulb was out). And when they do blink, it's doesn't seem to be a regular pattern (they seem kind of "lazy"). The wiring is all good (stock), and tested good (using the old (stock) turn signals). The only difference I can see is that the new signals have smaller bulbs in them, so could it be that they're not drawing enough amps? If so, does anyone know off the top of their heads what type of resister I'll need or any other remedies?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, I know, break out the digital multi-meter and start testing. But if someone's already done this and has a quick answer...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm not absolutely certain about this, but I think if you use a multitester and measure the resistance through one of the stock signals and then do the same through one of the aftermarket signals, you can figure the difference and get a couple resistors (one for each signal)that match that difference. Then wire a resistor inline with each of the signals.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just a thought, before you start putting resistors and such in line with the signals.

Check to make sure your blinker is well grounded, that cound cause that problem. As well as try just changing the blinker... its easyer

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
when I put some on a few years back they had 5w bulbs..........if you've got the same you'll need 18W to get the relay to work properly

Andy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts