Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hacked my fender this weekend and put some LP short stalk III turn signals on the back.
Sometimes they blink slow (usually when I'm stopped or at low RPM) and other times fast
(high RPMs). Is this because the lights I installed take less power and therfore the bike thinks a light is burned out?
Please help...and is there a way to fix it so they blink slow? Thanks all...esp. you John I know you have the answer!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
John, as always you are the man
. I have LPs in the front as well, flush mounted, but they never blinked fast until I did the rears, and now only do it at high speed/revs. When you say to install a resistor in line with the blinkers, do you mean between the stock wiring and the new blinkers' wires? And then attach one end of the resistor to the subframe?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well You want to wire it in line... Like the + wire... cut the wire and then put the resistor in line ( ------(cut)----- = -----(res)------ ) if that makes any sense.. lol

Then cover the wires up... after that you want to somehow (I have not done this yet) mount the body of the resistor ( ------(body)------ ) to the sub frame, use electric tape or something. does that make sense... YOU ONLY WANT THE BODY OF THE RESISTOR TO TOUCH, not the wires comming out of it.

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Do you have LP in the front as well???

Normaly yes this is from to low of a draw on the system... It thinks that there is a bulb out on your bike someplace...

Chcek to make sure they all work first. If so then you might want to try and find a 25w 1.5 ohm resistor to run inline with your rear blinkers. I have been told this will fix the problem. Cover the wires with tape or heat shrink and then attach the resistors body to the sub fram (helps to dissapate the heat).

Let me know if you have any questions...

John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes makes sense
Thanks again dude...As soon as I buy my exhaust I'll let you know and maybe then you can help me jet the carbs and do the intake.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by RKsGIXXER:
Yes makes sense
Thanks again dude...As soon as I buy my exhaust I'll let you know and maybe then you can help me jet the carbs and do the intake.
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>Do the intake? Im not sure what you are talking about with that one. But the rest is easy. If you have never done a pipe before, PM me and I will give you tip to make go much faster...

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts