Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. My bro is getting a Yosh dual tip exhaust for his bike in the next 2-days. We are trying to find out if he should get the high mount or not. The main reason he wants high mount is to lose the ugly pegs. However, I recall there being issues with the right rear blinker.

He was planning to do the "home depot" fender eliminator.

What do you guys do for turn signals with the Yosh high mounts?? Are there short stalk versions that are DOT legal?

Cops out here have been known to ticket for lame shiot like that. My bro had smaller short stalk blinkers on his 97 and the cop wrote him a fix it. luckily we still had stock.. so we just put those on.

So i'd like to know what the high mount guys do for LEGAL signals....

·
Registered
528 Posts
Try cutting the stock ones down. The neck of the stalk is all rubber. Just pull the blinker part off and cut he neck down to the length you need. Don't worry about cutting off the end with the bolt, you can just run another bolt in the same hole the wire passes through. Then you've got DOT legal signals custom to your ride. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey man im not sure what year the bike is but i have an 04 gixxer 6 and all i did on my bike with the turn signals is removed the rear fender and bolted the turn signals right underneath the tail section to where it almost looks like fangs on the back of ur bike thats how i did it

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Get aftermarkets for like 15.00 to 20 bucks
I have LED ones
Real small
Or you could get an integrated brake light

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get aftermarkets for like 15.00 to 20 bucks
I have LED ones
Real small
Or you could get an integrated brake light
those aren't DOT legal correct?? We are looking for a legal alternative

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the yosh is just a high exit,, then tip of hte can is just a couple inches higher and the can is at a steeper angle. you should have no probs with stock blinkers
I'm not sure this is correct. I recall seeing pics of bikes with high mounts on here...and there were issues with the right rear turn signal.

not sure if that was a Yosh pipe though. I'll do a search

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
i had the yosh ,, its a high exit.. high mount and high exit 2 diff things.. ti force, devil, and such are high mounts,, right up under the tail. the yosh does not mount this way. the bottom end of hte can hangs down right above where hte stock one does, and just angles up higher

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
You're probably talking about my bike when I first put on my Devil pipe. My stock turn signal was literally laying on top of my pipe
Here is now it used to be:

And here's how it is now with short stalks. They're probably not legal.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep that's the one. So i guess the Yosh doesn't go nearly as high??

One question for you knocker. Do you notice your foot hitting the pipe a lot more than the stock set up?

Yea, no way those are DOT legal. I just wish cops had something better to do. Meanwhile girls are being raped, houses robbed... and i'm getting tickets for non DOT turn signals. hahah

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I used to hit my mid pipe once in a while when I first had my Devil pipe, but now that I'm used to it I know where to position my foot and I don't hit the mid pipe anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts