Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up? I have a 1994 gsxr 750 and am having problems with the turn signal/fuel pump relay overheating and burning the relay up. The relay number I believe is TL-67. What is causing this to happen? i was looking for a short in the wire and couldn't find one as far as I could see. This started to happen when I moved the relay under the seat seeing as i have no plastic on the bike. So after this happened the 1st time i moved it back and it has happened 3 more times. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Your bike doesn't have a fuel pump

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whats up? I have a 1994 gsxr 750 and am having problems with the turn signal/fuel pump relay overheating and burning the relay up. The relay number I believe is TL-67. What is causing this to happen? i was looking for a short in the wire and couldn't find one as far as I could see. This started to happen when I moved the relay under the seat seeing as i have no plastic on the bike. So after this happened the 1st time i moved it back and it has happened 3 more times. Any ideas?
  • Man... mine is doing the same damn thing. I knew there was a short at first because it would spark when I put the tank down I'm hoping that that's what popped the first relay I've gone through the whole wiring harness taped up and cut out all the b***. Threw another relay in it started for a minute that was it Fryed ut to.. so I went so far as to even getting a complete new kill switch start switch ignition freaking went through all the wiring took the f** LED turn signals threw them in the garage. I really thought I had it this time ..but just blew another f** relay.

·
Juvenile Thinker
285 Posts
There is no fuel pump on the 93-95s, there is exactly two wires running into the turn signal relay. +12V on one side coming from fuse #4, and ground (through the bulbs) coming through the turn signal switch. If you're burning up the relay you have a short somewhere between the relay blue wire and the frame. The kill/start/ switches aren't even involved in that circuit and the ignition just provides switched 12V. I'd start with a copy of the wiring diagram and chase all the wires involved end to end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts