Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about a turbo for my 86 750. I know Mr Turbo could hook me up with one for around 3500.00. I have a good friend who owns a shop in Seattle who could set it up on a dyno for me(at a good price of course)
Do you think it would be worth doing? I'm considering getting a 1000 but there are alot of 1000's out there. You don't see to many of the OLD SCHOOL gixxers any more, I think it would be cool to have one that would give the 1000 a run, at least in a straight line. I know the 86 could NEVER handle like the modern bikes no matter how much money you put into it.
Just looking for different opinions.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Hell Yea!! Turbo bikes are bad ass. I like the classic look of a old shool. When they are in good shape. When some one asks what year is that? You tell them and there like wow
that looks good.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MrTris:
Hell Yea!! Turbo bikes are bad ass. I like the classic look of a old shool. When they are in good shape. When some one asks what year is that? You tell them and there like wow
that looks good.
<hr></blockquote>
I like the 86-90 also! That's one of the reasons I'm TOYING with the idea of a turbo. I think it would be bitchin. I was out riding one day and pulled off the side of the road, there were 3 Suzuki sportbikes sittin there. One was a TL1000, a gixxer 750 & a 600. Those three guys thought MY bike was cool. I can only imagine what they would have thought if it was a turbo

·
Registered
547 Posts
Do it man! I've got an old '84 kwack 750 turbo with a few mods......approx 1000 or so......that scares the shit out of any of the new bikes that i've taken on.Awesome feeling when guys on ZZR11's try to blow you away & can't.& there's nothing like the rush of a turbo coming in........

·
Registered
45 Posts
my 2 cents......an 1100 engine swap will be way easier, way cheaper, and way more rideable.......
1100 turbo's are also a lot more common if you really dig you might find a crashed one or a half assembled project bike for that kinda money

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
swap in an 1100 motor and breathe on it a bit

no problem for the old block to pump out mega power

when I get mine back together I will have to dyno it

maybe next winter will be engine mod time

·
Registered
434 Posts
Just one comment the handling can be improved up to about a middle 90's sportbike I know as Ive done it to my 86.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Before spending that kind of money on a turbo setup, I'd throw in a 1100 motor. Do what you like though.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What would be the advantage of swapping in a 1100 motor (a 7-11) over just buying, say a 1990 1100? Anyone? I do agree with you guys that a 1100 would be the way to go. cc's = hp

·
Registered
195 Posts
An 1100 motor would not add much weight to a 750 chasis so you would have a bike thats lighter,faster, and much better handling. In the earlier days of Formula USA when it was truly "run what ya brung" the bike to have was a BIG bore 1100 motor in a 750 chasis on methanol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts