Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks, you are correct. I've now looked into the service manual and it states the limit to 4.85 V. So a 4.7 V zener diode in series with 300 ohm will do fine. This is a much better solution than using checkvalves. The zener diode connects to ground. The other end of it to the resistor joint and the ECU input. The resistor is feed from the IAP output.

IAP sensor output
I
I
R .......is the 300 ohm resistor in series
I
I .......tapping point to ECU IAP input
I
I
/\....4.7. Vzener diod with arrow up
I
I
GND

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Im not into electronics all that much so what you have posted could be correct, i can't say , always thought it just went in line ,but then i always did learn the hard way ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes this is the way if you want to get a fixed max output voltage from the IAP sensor. It would also be possible just to put a conventional diode in series with the IAP line to the ECU and cut about 0.7 V from the signal (gives max 4.3 V out even for high boost). The disadvantage would however be the upper level is reduced more than necessary and it may not work since the low voltage limit of 0.5 V is violated. The lowest voltage with a diode in series would be 0 V and not 0.5V, which seems to be required by the ECU.

Thanks for great input though which guided me to understand the need to limit the stock IAP signal and how to do it :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is a Diagram For a Stage One Turbo Setup.

...........When running the vacuum lines you need to add two check valves before the map sensor to bleed off the pressure before it hits the map sensor. The boost leak is very small and wont effect the overall pressure.......

The optional routing is used on the 05+ 1000 as it has two sets of injectors so its harder to plum in another fitting.

I think the fuel-T main channel must be quite restrictive to make this work w/o affecting the actual boost reading and boost. If not, the boost gauge would see the same reduced boost as the MAP sensor. Better to reduce the signal with a simple electronic circuit IMO.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts