Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Thanks Billv
Just checked, one is already fitted and the other is a short one...there actually two long ones left... One discard for the cover one to go :/. Thanks for the quick help :)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Quick question before the engine goes in
I have installed head studs and nuts from ape
Nuts are chn1025 10, without washers as the don't get out of the factory bolts and it's not instructed to use them....can they go without...or do I need to remove and set washers???

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Huge fuxkup I have to remove the bolts for the washers, in no place it is mentioned except for the busa and the best thing is...they are sold separately...at least they could specify on their web..these nuts have to go with washers sku xxxx
So,I'm going to take out one,washer, torque and so with all, I hope not to need to replace the head gasket as cometic is not precisely cheap... regarding the poor instructions lead to this shit...so engine out again

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Sorted, engine is in the bike now, will assemble the rest tomorrow,will update, tomorrow is the first start after the rebuild fingers crossed

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Intercooler won't fit
Have to change the setup of it

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
So,turbo is higher up now, Will have to cut the radiator anyways...will see how I do it

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Considering a 1000 k3 radiator as it is shorter

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
It's used in two places. One on the right side of the crankcase just behind the cavity where the timing chain runs. See 3-80 in the service manual or 3-81 in my rework. It's used with a gasket washer. Search for "Fit a new gasket washer to crankcase bolt A." The other is one of four bolts that attach the sprocket cover.
Found All the rest of them....chain cover...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cool stuff!

Great to see somebody actually do a turbo build rather then all these "I'm considering..." threads.
Keep the updates and pictures coming please!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Thanks man, will post tomorrow the pictures of all the parts salad that still has to go in, cheers

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,307 Posts
"Found All the rest of them....chain cover... "
Not sure where you are. The outer cylinder head bolts are M6x50 but they have a 5mm hex socket drive AFAIK. See the bottom of 3-98 (or 3-99) in the service manual.

Good luck on finding space for everything.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
"Found All the rest of them....chain cover... "
Not sure where you are. The outer cylinder head bolts are M6x50 but they have a 5mm hex socket drive AFAIK. See the bottom of 3-98 (or 3-99) in the service manual.

Good luck on finding space for everything.
Thanks,soon or later I will find my setup

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
3-99 are already set.
Thanks for the manual,has been/is a great help, nothing to with Haynes in various aspects

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Engine starts!
Letting all the parts bed in (na setup for this)
Have ordered a busa radiator as it just gives the height for the turbo

·
8,307 Posts
That's a strange place for the big connector to the front harness. I can only assume that it's forced by the other components. It will be some work as you'll have to change everything but you might consider changing it to the K9 connector. Unlike yours, it's sealed and doesn't use a shroud. It's also slightly more compact as it's 4x4 instead of 2x8.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
It goes to the side, atm I have it there so everything runs, later I put it back into place
I have a moded k7 loom and ECU for this bike,fast data makes it easier to for the tune.
What bed in/time should be done to the engine, for now it has done with pauses an hour at 1500 rpm ventilated and max temp 100c (from 100 to 90 margin)
The high oil gear pump makes a bit of noise but that seems to be normal at first

·
8,307 Posts
"I have a moded k7 loom and ECU for this bike,fast data makes it easier to for the tune."
As I understand it you must change the CMP sensor to the K7 type and put an offset pin on the intake cam. Did you do that and were any other changes needed? Are you currently using the K7 maps?

"The high oil gear pump makes a bit of noise but that seems to be normal at first"
Is this a 32 tooth driven gear instead of the OEM 35? I've never understood how one side of a mated pair can be changed without also changing the other. Perhaps the noise is from things wearing into the new profile. I've wanted to get onto a forum associated with gear design to see what they have to say. A similar thing is done with the transmission's 1st driven gear.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Hi Billv
The k7 loom I had to mod
-injectors
-cam sens
-iat

With this done engine starts
I'm not using the k7 data,I have set it to the values of the k6, some time ago I did this to also enable ECU based LC but after some tests this feature just kills your transmission in little time, personally I didn't like it a still see more accurate throttle control and clutch.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
Regarding the oil gear,it's the one on the pump itself
It has one tooth more on it
Putting the factory and this one face to face you can see it has one more on it.
I have designed but it's much cheaper to just buy one,ape and others do them

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I have noticed that at cold start the oil glass reference window on the clutch side at cold start drains completely (from F mark till not more visible the oil level below L) but as soon the engine gets temperature the level rises again,is this normal? Never noticed this before

81 - 100 of 101 Posts