Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,287 Posts
"The seals I have printed and designed"
What did you make them out of? They look flimsy in the pics but it's impossible to tell.

The injector depth difference looks small. I'd try testing them. You ought to be fine as long as the spray isn't hitting the sides of the hole.

Do you have any idea how hot the air in the intercooler will get? Something to think about is an electric pump. But this is a complicated issue.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Most/all run own water circuit, running it through the same as the radiator could cause issues. That does mean running another radiator.

Extra water lines make non bb/water cooled turbos worth it in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
That is going to bee quite a work to get done, any suggestions what radiator to use?
What would be safe power to run if not intercooler?
This is getting every minute more complicated

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The material.for seals is rubber, they have that odd texture due the extrusion temp was to high but got a better layer bond

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
This is the intercooler setup I had in mind
To fit straight after turbo housing.
What radiator is recommended?? (Of course bigger better) problem will be all the extra plumbing and electric water pump, what pump is good? Cheers

·
8,287 Posts
Electric pump: They make others but suggest that you start here. Their EBP15 might be all you need.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks! Savior's tip
Have deglazed the used block I bought with the specific flex tool couple of passes and looks good,cleaned so no crap left
Have measured the the new bearings, are within specs 4 set black one yellow
The thrust bearing a standard green new and a orange one, distance is 0.07, bought the Suzuki recommended gauges there are great to measure this.
Tomorrow will fit pistons,I'm a bit worried I fk up putting them in bending the lower rings...got the tool to compress the piston rings to get them into the block...any advise?
Also I'm using amsoil engine builder oil,great stuff.
Regarding the con rod bolts, they are arp l19 and heard they are sensible as F..
To measure the clearances I need to fully tight them, release and check the width, can these be reused many times even after 2 to 3 clearance checks? Don't want to leave wrong bearing in the rods.
Much appreciated all the help

·
8,287 Posts
The K5/K6 and some other years has a strange feature that can be seen in your pic. The left front main bearing bolt (left top in your pic) is located further from the crankshaft centerline than the other nine bolts. You can see how all the studs on the left line up except for the one at the back. I gather that this is necessary because it's bolt head is outside the crankcase and it had to be positioned further out for access to it. Apparently it doesn't affect anything.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Electric pump ordered.
I had issue with some metal shaving that came down while putting the lower together (due to the ape rods while going through)
Some of it landed on a bearing when is did the thickness test...crunching it into the bearing...once I realized this I removed the debris from.the bearing...it's slightly scratched more or less 1mm by 2mm...
Hope not to need to replace as getting a new one is again more money into the bin and waiting 2 weeks for it.......
Head gasket is a 60 thou, isn't that much also running low comp pistons? Cheers

·
Registered
386 Posts
Compression can be what ever you want it to be, too many variables, depends on boost, engine components, fuel, timing etc.....

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Cam Timing for now stock till.i get the variable.
Ignition probably will have to retard, this I will check with the knock sensors.
Will have to open crank today as I'm not comfortable with the debris falling in there while moving the lower down and shit getting trapped in the bearings :/

·
8,287 Posts
Can the studs be installed after the the upper and middle "halves" are mated instead of before? It would be nice if one end had a hex socket drive to help but alas no.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
They needed a torque setting,I think yes...brain fart the rods and pistons are now in

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hi guys,
What type of radiator shall I use for the intercooler and..what dimensiones? I know bigger is better but...placing will be a challenge

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,942 Posts
It's fairly common to take another radiator, cut it down shorter and stack it in front of the top 1/2 of the engine rad...this can lead to interference with the front tire, which then results in getting the frame neck raked 3-5 degrees.
This is a slippery slope...lots of fabrication involved.
There is a lot of math involved too, in order to properly size everything in regards to compression, air flow, effective cooling etc. With no disrespect, you appear to be guessing...failures get expensive quick.
I think you're better off waiting, until you can get a water cooled plenum. Build it once.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
It's fairly common to take another radiator, cut it down shorter and stack it in front of the top 1/2 of the engine rad...this can lead to interference with the front tire, which then results in getting the frame neck raked 3-5 degrees.
This is a slippery slope...lots of fabrication involved.
There is a lot of math involved too, in order to properly size everything in regards to compression, air flow, effective cooling etc. With no disrespect, you appear to be guessing...failures get expensive quick.
I think you're better off waiting, until you can get a water cooled plenum. Build it once.
Hi, yes, with this I'm guessing.
As I will have to wait to rack up some.cash for the plenum (will also have to pay a fat import tax... Spain...)
What is a safe power/ pressure to run with ic for a start,so at least I can enjoy some of the bike, cheers :)

41 - 60 of 84 Posts