Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
If it's too much it hits the fairing,it's a busa 2 radiator and I left long extensions on the fittings till I torque them down, a lot of play on the fitting points regards to the original one

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Have ported the internal waste gate as they are known to give boost regulation issues, have fitted the waste gate to the stator cover as it didn't fit to turbo due space, have to check if this is ok.
For now it looks good

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
The distance of the wastegate to turbo is important. It will affect function if it is more or less distance away. Mounting angle should be able to function check easy.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Distance is important however, there is usually adjustment on the actuator rod which allows you to set the correct tension (can also get different length rods), check youtube for how to's. Angle is also important, check different manufacturer requirements, they usually publish this information on their websites.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
I have tested it with the compressor it works but don't know the real load yet, it's quite long as I had to bolt it to the stator cover as have no space to fit it due exhaust manifold clearance
Got yesterday the custom oil fees lines,will try to get it started today even arm the turbo has no water cooling lines set

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #207 (Edited)
Bad news, turbo is pissing oil
It has restrictor on it, inlet and outlet, should I remove outlet restrictor,turbo came with it-?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have not heard a restrictor on the turbo oil outlet, they are usually only on the oil feed. Is the turbo drain outlet point well lower than the bottom of the turbo? If not you should consider a scavenge pump or VDO.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Will drill the restriction on the outlet, almost sure that's the cause

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #210 (Edited)
Have tested with a 1mm restrictor this thing leaks oil at both sides, time to check :/

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #212 (Edited)
Pressure lines
Inlet from pressure switch
Outlet to stator cover 1/8 npt no leaks at leas

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
I have not heard a restrictor on the turbo oil outlet, they are usually only on the oil feed. Is the turbo drain outlet point well lower than the bottom of the turbo? If not you should consider a scavenge pump or VDO.
It's higher,it's a flat type manifold

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not to be negative but I’ve never seen positive results with Chinese turbos. You need brand name stuff Garrett, Turbonetics, etc or OEM components.

You could pick up an OEM turbo out of the junkyard Evo3 16G or WRX 13T or something and save a bunch of $$

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
That is the direction to go
Could be the return feed line be too tight? 3/8npt

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Resolution after having a discussion with maxspeedingrods
If I want warranties over their failed product I have to pay extra 60 to get the unit replaced (that in my world that is F All warranty)
They give a bad solution of replacing the cartridge with shipping of 60 days or longer if shipping from overseas (also you will have to pay estimated import tax) == to lost unit and the project being stalled for at least 2 months (if it doesn't fail again) if you want it in a reasonable time..again money is requested.
In short
  • no warranties or whatsoever (upsale,yes)
  • buy one, get problem, buy two get two problems.

In short, buy cheap,pay the price they are not even good to test if a setup would work.

I'm looking to get one from turbo rebuild UK now

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cut your losses on that one, use it as an expensive paper weight.

The site you referenced the refurbished GT2556V looks like it would fit very well with your setup.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Cut your losses on that one, use it as an expensive paper weight.

The site you referenced the refurbished GT2556V looks like it would fit very well with your setup.
Yes,it a heavy keychain now, I also think the problem is the drain,3/8 it's way to low, will drill n tap the sump to an10, the turbo you mention looks good but I see the exhaust flange could be a problem as I need to run t4 t3 four bolt

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,538 Posts
I'd never heard of maxpeedingrods but their turbos look ridiculously cheap. I also see lookalike Carrillo H-beam rods for 1/4 the price. Wonder how long they'll last. You get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
I'd never heard of maxpeedingrods but their turbos look ridiculously cheap. I also see lookalike Carrillo H-beam rods for 1/4 the price. Wonder how long they'll last. You get what you pay for.
That's true....I went for wossner rods and pistons, the turbo..bad choice my side...

201 - 220 of 223 Posts