Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a turbo on my 06 1K and am trying to find a good place to feed oil from the block to the turbo. I've been told that I could use where the oil pressure sensor is(how) and I've also seen where some people have used the oil cooler port on the right side of the block or the tapped off of one of the plugs at the end of one of the oil galleries on the lower case. Are all of these good places to use as oil feeds or not. I've looked through the forum and didn't really find much for the the 2005-2006 as far as feeding oil to the turbo. It'd be nice if I had a block from a 01-04
Thanks.

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,405 Posts
As long as your feeding off the main gallery, it's a matter of personal choice, packaging & plumbing etc.
If you use the port for the oil pressure sensor, you add a T fitting...one side for the sensor, the other to supply the turbo. Don't use cheap brass fittings.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,332 Posts
It takes some study but the drawings on 7-20 & 7-21 of the service manual are informative. There's also a plug at the front of the crankcase near the oil filter that connects with the main gallery. It's not uncommon to remove the oil cooler on turbo builds. Note the orifice between the left and right sides of the gallery that connects to the oil cooler hoses. You're going to have to deal with all that.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
welp, the idea of the oil for the turbo is to help cool the oil as well, logic says you want to feed the turbo the coolest oil possible.. seems post cooler is the best place IMHO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts