Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I think I got it right, put new carbs on and a little ajusting, the bike is back to 39-41 mph, has power beyond what it used to, I can roll the throttle in 1st gear and about 6500 it pulls the front right off the ground, now just got to get used to shifting this thing while in the air to prolong it. When getting on it hard with wieght forword so the front dont come up, when I hit 2nd gear it pops the front off the ground about a foot to 1.5FT.
GUESS i JUST HAVE TO BE READY AND HANG ON. I am thrilled it runs this way, I havent had a bike that could do this for awhile, my old ZX7 was a heavy pig, My old FZR could pull the front by rolling the throttle, then again I think that was weight distribution, you sit more upright on it.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
What carbs did you put on? Did you pull 38's off and put 36's on? What other mods? It sounds like it runs freak'n awesome.
Bruce

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I pulled 38s, and put 38s back on, just the 38s I put on were unmolested, so they recieved a jet kit and were tuned, the old 38s were running to rich, those are the one I am selling

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
flip your shifter arm over to create reverse shift pattern. much easier to ride wheelies & makes more sense for agressive streeet riding. much easier to push down then pull up!

·
Registered
151 Posts
This is what the guy I bought my bike from did. I was going to change it back but after 1.) getting used to it and 2.) relizing that it's better this way for my big feet I don't think I would change it now.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
to each his own. Mladin doesn't like it either! but he has broken his ankle pretty bad as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts