Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people can actually do it. No damn way I can, besides my chest hitting the tank and my arms not bending that far. I had my neck fused 2 years ago limiting my head movement. So I take most people can do it though, eh?

·
Premium Member
73,386 Posts
i can tuck far enough to see through it, but it strains my neck a little.

Reactions: flaco

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Anthony De Marco said:
i can tuck far enough to see through it, but it strains my neck a little.
Same here. I prefer to look just over the top of it. On cold nights I ride home like that without moving most of the way. I seem to have a problem with the inserts in my jacket as my elbows tend to hurt before anything else.

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
I haven't ridden the new model yet but I can tuck completely under the stock screen of my 04.
Then again, I'm about as thick as a sheet of construction paper too.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blaise said:
I haven't ridden the new model yet but I can tuck completely under the stock screen of my 04.
Then again, I'm about as thick as a sheet of construction paper too.

Construction paper, damn *****, you swole...:cheers

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I only tuck low enough whereas the wind is directed completely over my head. And this is a rare case, only if I'm getting cold or its a really windy day making my head bobble all over the place.

Other than at the races though, the only time I see it is when some kid is zooming down the interstate in full tuck with his hair and t-shirt blowing in the wind behind him. :lol I never figured out how they managed to go that fast without losing a sandal. :scratch

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am 6' 190 and I can get low enough to see through the screen. You are supposed to get your ass all the way back. Your chin should be way behind the tree. Some of you need to stretch out or something, lol.

To the guy who fused his neck, was that because of an accident or was it elective (some bodybuilding thing)?

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
Mr. Potato Head said:
I am 6' 190 and I can get low enough to see through the screen. You are supposed to get your ass all the way back. Your chin should be way behind the tree. Some of you need to stretch out or something, lol.

To the guy who fused his neck, was that because of an accident or was it elective (some bodybuilding thing)?
+ 1 on the slide back ,your ass has to be really touching the front of the back seat .

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mr. Potato Head said:

Elective, wtf? Nah bro, I doubt if anyone would get there neck fused electively. I ruptured a disc in my neck C6-C7level and had to get it done.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mikeb12 said:
6'3, 225 and I can get down. slide back and chin on the tank. got to be flexible to ride a bike

I guess at 5'11 and 255lbs, I am just a bit too bulky...LOL

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
5'6" and I can tuck and see through the windscreen. You do have to mvoe you butt back a bit tho. And I've only done it a handful of times. Most of the time my eyes are barely above the windscreen. I dont like looking through the windscreen too much.

·
Registered
210 Posts

side by side K3 vs K6

it almost looks like the 06 screen is taller, but the 03 has more width to it. still, the 03 is way easier to get behind that screen.

on the 06, i couldn't see how anyone could even bother to tuck on it. it's almost not functional.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.