Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Drama Queen that Loves Baby Battered covered Twat-
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell happened to this guy???
I remember him riding in 05 GP season, but I dont think he even broke top 5.
Then he goes back to WorldSBK and owns everybody ! Hell I was very impressed cause I knew he slowed down in GP.

Now he's second on the Grid and wins at Valencia. Hell, he's not been in a Grandprix bike in over a year. Plus he's 37 yrs old

Anyone else suprised ???

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised too. That guy has the heart of a lion. It may look like he's been off MotoGP bikes for a year or more, but I read somewhere that he had been involved in testing of the Desmosedici at some points during the year.

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
To me this is a great explanation of how important 'confidence' is when racing motorcycles. Troy has been "in the groove and on the gas" kicking ass all year. The guy thinks he can beat ANYONE and today he proved he's probably right.

Now don't get me wrong, that confidence wouldn't mean much if they put him on a bike that wasn't capable but I guess all I'm saying is that it's a HUGE part of the equation.;)

:cheers

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'm not surprised, he is an awesome rider who was prematurly dumped by Ducati after a bad year where the bike was difficult to ride. Then he went to Honda and had to change his riding style to suit, something he struggled to do. Troy has been riding a Ducati since his British Superbike days so it was no surprise to me that he performed so well on a Duc. I picked him to be on the podium and to be quite honest, I thought Rossi would win this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.