Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i am practicing a fast start or mashing out in first i hit about 9 grand and the rear tire spins> i dont know if the road is slick or what, and if it doesnt spin it sends the front end to the sky. All i have done is put on a yosh slip on. Is this normal? I couldnt imagine racing this bike if u have to back off the gas around 9,000 to keep it smooth. Please tell me ur thoughts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Well if the tire spins then its prob the combo of cold tire and shity pavement...

As for the front wheel coming up.... Why wouldnt that be normal?

I love it when my front shoots up in 1st and quick shift to 2nd ... God its great.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If your bike is still within 500 miles, then you could have the Factory Silicone coating around your tire, causing it to spin. If the front comes up, its just because around 9,000 RPM's is where peak torque is, which would naturally send the front in the air if you are hammering it. When the coating is gone from your tire, and you've got some heat in your tire, try hammering it then, it'll hook pretty nice and give you a good rush.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
uh the factory silicone won't be a factor after 50miles. Tires have come a long way. sounds like a clutch thing, and weather thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts