Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the time has come to purchse a bike again. I finally got my raise, and im ready to blow it on my new bike. So ive been doing my due dilligence, and research, but I'm really torn between these bikes. Its either a Triumph Daytona 675, or a Suzuki Gsxr 600/750. To give you a little backround on myself, Im 24 about 175 pnds 6', been riding Dirt Bikes for about 6-7 years now, and I previously owned a 03 CBR 600RR about 6 months, before I sold it (cash flow problems). I dont consider myself to be an experienced street rider, but i've logged a few hours on the CBR in the canyons/street (about 3,000 miles in 6 months). I dont even plan on riding this bike as much as my CBR (was my commuter part time) mostly for fun/ pleasure. I live in So. Cal next to about 1,000+ canyons, so I will primarily be riding the twisties, and some coast riding/cruising. Not looking for excessive power, but im afraid that with the 600, I will be craving the 750 in about 6 months, and its only about 1000 bucks more for the 750. And up till about a day ago, it was only a Suzuki..... until I read about the new Triumph 675. From what I've read, its supposed to be the best bike to come out of Triumph ever! I like the fact its in between the 750 and the 600, and the rave reviews about it. They are in the same price range, so cost really isnt an issue, but I just need to decide, and I dont want to regret the decision later. So thats were you guys come in! Let me know what you think, or what you would pick. Personal experiences would be ideal, but any info or input would be awesome.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
You will NOT be hungry for more if you get a 600. Don't unerestimate these bikes.
I must say though, that the 750 is the perfect motor size for a bike. But a 600 definately won't bore you. Hell, I've even found myself having more fun on an SV650S over my 750. Smaller "slower" bikes can be more fun to ride, cuz its fun to make them go fast, rather than just riding a fast bike slowly, if that makes any sense. :scratch
And the Triumph is NOT in between the 600 and 750. The Suzukis are inline 4 motors, whereas the Daytona is an inline 3. :thumbup More displacement makes up for the lack of 1 cylinder, so as far as HP and performance goes, the 675 is directly competitive to the 600. :cool

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input... I guess what im mainly using the bike for is the canyons, so the 600 should sufice, so now its between the Triumph or the Suzuki. Im def. leaning more twords the suzuki, its about 900 dollars cheaper, and I like the styling much better, but I see ALOT more of them than the Triumph, and I like to have something a little different than everyone else. But on looks alone the Gxsr wins hands down.

Has anyone ridin both bikes, or have a some kind of comparison?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I know a guy that has ridden both bikes, both on the track(buttonwillow) and street and he was very impressed with both but would says the 675 would be the bike he would buy. I think most guys on this board will tell you to get a gixxer, which makes sense.:D

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Between the 600 and 675, I would pick the Triumph.
Throw other bikes into the mix though, and the choice would be different.
But the Triumph is a little more unique. :punk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
av_fan said:
Between the 600 and 675, I would pick the Triumph.
Throw other bikes into the mix though, and the choice would be different.
But the Triumph is a little more unique. :punk
What other bikes??? The only other one I was looking at was the R6 but between that and the gsxr I prefer the styling on the GSXR.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Got my k6 600 3 months ago and love it. Gotta say go with the 6, of course thats a biased opinion.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Really it's going to come down to preference more than anything. I own a 2004 600. I also got to take a 675 on a demo ride.

I did my research before I bought my 600, and I am convinced it's the best all around 600 made in 2004. I may be biased, but I still prefer the GSXR as far as 600's go. Some people have also said that "The 2006 750 is the best 600 ever." I had a short bit where I wished I got the 750 instead, but I realized that it's pretty much in my head. The only time I ever feel outgunned on the 600 is when I try to screw it on against a literbike in a straight line.

I did my first track day a month ago, and realized that the bike is plenty fast, it's the rider that needs to get faster more than anything.

The Triumph was a nice bike. When I my dad told me he was going up for the demo day, I had to go since I'd read so much hype about the 675. I liked the ergonomic feel, and the handling felt great, with especially nice brakes. The motor had nice torque to it, but it didn't seem to have the top end rush of a Jap 4 when it really wound up. Of course I was riding a Triumph demo bike, so the control riders didn't exactly let me push it to the full potential. I really did like the Triumph, but not enough to leave my 600 at the dealership and ride one home. It's a great bike, it's unique, but I wish more aftermarket stuff was available for it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey man i not so long brought a gsxr750y after sum long reading, about performance, reliability, stability! what bikes i was lookin at was a zx6r 2002, zx9r 2000, gsxr600 1999, gsxr750 99, never even glimpsed at triumphs n im brittish! but i got abit more money 2gether got a good deal on a gsxr750y (2000 late w reg) and man its so much better on paper than the old wt gsxr750's! and must say very impressed with it, got a right juicy midrange from about 5'000 revs! i will never get the full potential out of it, so im more than certain it wont bore u! id go for a 750 gixxer but 2000 onwards! very nice bikes 2 ride! Jay

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the input! Im definitly leaning in the Gsxr direction. Im gonna stick to the 600, and play it cool for a while. I found a dealer that will sell me an 07 Brand new for 9499 OTD, which is a killer deal in Cali. I cant pass it up. They also happend to be a Triumph dealer too, and they want 10,499 OTD for the daytona:eek:hmy . So it helps with the decision. So all in all I'd rather use the 1,000 bucks for some new gear, or accessories, and still have a killer bike. Im thinkin the Black on Blue :cool

·
Registered
90 Posts
Motorcycle.com recently conducted a "Best of the Best" comparison test between the GSXR 1000, GSXR 750 and Triumph 675. After owning a K5 1000 for a year I was looking forward to the big gixxer stomping all over the other 2. Much to my surprise none of the testers was able to come to grips with the prodigious poke of the 1K and as a result the 675 was pretty much the unanimous choice as the best of the best..... :hammer

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
Well I own the 06 GSXR 750 and we just bought my wife the 07 675. The problem is that we have not broken in or (run in as the british say) the 675 to fully test her yet.

First impressions of the 675... feels good, corners AWESOME.. I love the sound of the triple for sure... but when I get back on my GSXR.. WOW I LOVE THAT PULL!!!

I am sold on the GSXR 750..... My wife loves her 675... I think I have the best of both worlds! :thumbup

OUR BIKES:

My wife on her new bike - can you see her smile through the helmet?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hokus2 said:
Well I own the 06 GSXR 750 and we just bought my wife the 07 675. The problem is that we have not broken in or (run in as the british say) the 675 to fully test her yet.

First impressions of the 675... feels good, corners AWESOME.. I love the sound of the triple for sure... but when I get back on my GSXR.. WOW I LOVE THAT PULL!!!
How about the comfort of the bikes? Im not sure about your size. Im like 6' 180, and from what ive heard the GSXR is much more ergonomical/comfortable than the Triumph. Considering I prob wont be able to get off the thing for a while :punk

So you'd say that the Triumph feels good handling wise, but the Gsxr has more top end??

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
Boosted1456 said:
How about the comfort of the bikes? Im not sure about your size. Im like 6' 180, and from what ive heard the GSXR is much more ergonomical/comfortable than the Triumph. Considering I prob wont be able to get off the thing for a while :punk

So you'd say that the Triumph feels good handling wise, but the Gsxr has more top end??

I am 6 feet 200lbs and I definitely am more comfortable on my GSXR. When I am on the Triumph, I feel like I am way on top of the bike.... don't get me wrong, it’s awesome, but I am so used to my bike that I feel at home on it. I WOULD NOT buy the GSXR 600, you will be looking for more IMO, spend the extra now, you'll love it.

I also found that I was going through the gears allot more on the 675, which is not a bad thing but something to be aware of. The GSXR is so powerful that you could drive all day in 2nd or 3rd, this is not the case with the Daytona.

I read an article that stated that the 600s where getting faster lap times than the 750. The only thing they could attribute this to, was that the rider became complacent with the power and didn't shift enough. The rider didn't work the bike enough, but the 600 the rider worked hard.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.