Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the TRE mod. I am wondering if it really does anything for the low end of the rpm's. I got one from a guy on ebay and I installed it to the "T". The light on the switch never came on and I am waiting for the guy to get back to me. If anyone has this thing please let me know if it makes any difference, where did you get it from and how much did you pay for it? Also, will it allow you to start you first gear wheelies at a lower rpm? Thanks

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
loads of folk have this mod and the results vary with whoom you speak

people like me (honest) will say it made no difference at all to every day riding, and i get through a set of sliders a season.

good job it was free as otherwise i'd have been pissed.

others will say its the best thing since sliced bread.

having said this, when the bike is fixed (crashed) i'm gonna sling a new resistor in and take out the pointless switch cus i have none of the characteristics that a tre mod has such as the revs dropping when the clutch is pulled at 2500rpm.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
My 99 750 had tre hardwired...and yes, it made a slight difference in smoothing the choppy throttle response..and that's about all it does..read..Timing Retard Eliminator..

·
Registered
358 Posts
I second Hammer4, I felt the same thing, but I have a different TRE than yours I have the Ivans TRE which are just 2 plugs and apart from feeling the throttle response smoother it felt a bit more responsive but thats it!

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Originally posted by GSXRLightning:
I second Hammer4, I felt the same thing, but I have a different TRE than yours I have the Ivans TRE which are just 2 plugs and apart from feeling the throttle response smoother it felt a bit more responsive but thats it!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Pay $65-70 if you wish.....or else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why is there such a price difference in these products. I'm wondering what each person is using and if they have any comments on if they notice a difference. Yeah the Ivans one cost $70 dollars, and this JSD one only costs $27, but here is one that only cost $14

http://www.bluegauges.com/prod_tremod.htm

why the incredible difference in price. Is one that much better than the other.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Mine cost me about $2 - the cost of a pack of resistors.

I added a switch later - huge cost - $1.49

The only difference it makes on mine is a better - less choppy - throttle response in 1st - helpfull during those pull away around a corner type moves around town.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts