Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up gixxer riders? I have a question for those who are familiar with the TRE Mod or have used one. Can I use one if I have a PCII on my 98 GSXR 750? Does anyone know where I can read about this mod or even purchase one? I’m looking to get an understanding how it hooks up to the bike. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Yes you can use it with the PCII, I did the "home made switchable" version, it took me longer to find the correct resistor in Radio Shack than any other stage

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I think the switchable one is a waste of money.. Mine NEVER gets turned off... The only time it gets turned off is if i bump it and didnt know it.. lol

John

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
I think the switchable one is a waste of money.. Mine NEVER gets turned off... The only time it gets turned off is if i bump it and didnt know it.. lol

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">heh heh - I put the switchable in "because I could" and to see if I could tell any difference.

I "think" its got more zip in 1st/2nd, but its kinda hard to tell.

I tried switching it off, and apart from a lower idle, it seemed fairly similar - maybe its cleaner with it on ?????

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
The big thing I feel is the off-to-on surge is almost gone with it. I have the PCII and I can tell when it is off...

John

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry to be a dumb ass but what is a "TRE" mod?

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
And..just to add to the fray..John did the TRE on my 750..with a PCII also..it's hard wired..and works just fine..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts