Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to do the TRE mod. I know it is cheap but is it something that I should get??? My bike is an 04 600 with BMC filter and a full yosh exhaust. SHould I pick up the TRE or not?? Pro's and con's

808fastbikes

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don't buy a cheap version. Some TRE's will mess up your throttle control in low rpm's. I had one and it had a real bad bogging affect below 4k in 1st and 2nd gear. But if your above that limit the bike will run great. Mine worked great for the a couple of weeks, then it messed up on me. when it did work, I loved it. Made everything real crisp and smooth. Gave the bike more snap. there are a ton of threads about TRE's. Do a search and read about them. Im guessing the cheaper ones---the resister goes bad. But from others I hear great things about them. Like I said, when it works right, its an awesome things to have.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I have the JSD TRE
At first I was concerned about the way it was working
I adjusted my idle (partly due from adding a bolton can) and the thing works fine all the time.
I have the switched version which is needed. Sometimes I need to turn it off for startup hot or cold.
Def smooths out the motor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Buy a good one.
I have one on my 04/750 and it works great get the switched version it will help with cold/hot starts and mentioned.

I smooths out the throttle respons alot and it takes the jumpiness out of 1st geat at low rpms.

Its worth the money

Safe riding

·
Registered
657 Posts
pghbricklayer said:
my gixxer 1000 does the same bogging thing when starting off at lights sometimes, almost a shake until i open it up some more. any help on what i could look for to be wrong. will a tre help?
no, it will make it worse. when you put a tre on a suzuki the rpm will rise with the clutch in. so as you release the cluth the rpm level drops (about 200rpm) while drag increases. it's really bad on the 04/05 600's. but your 1k shouldn't be bogging at all simply because its a 1k. the 01-03 models don't suffer as badly. you just have to launch like a rocket at every stop light with a tre. but thats just my opinion alot of people love them. on the 1k it will also remove you speed limiter.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Blitzkrieg said:
Just save your pennies for a PCIII. Especially if you already have an aftermarket filter and exhaust.
I like what it did for my 1000. I also had/have a PCIII that I used.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i dont see a point in using it with a pc as you could adjust timing/fuel mixes as required with that right?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.