Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about to make my decsion on whether or not to byy an Ivans TRE ...So i wanted to know from some of you that have a TRE and is it really worth it ...Also any problems after the install of the TRE i also would like to know ...thank you

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I have a JSD TRE switched
At first I wasn't sure about it and I have even done some bitching on GDC
As it gets warmer and I ride more I am liking it more and more.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Well, at first I thought it was a big waste of money because I couldn't feel any difference. After a few days or so, I started to notice that the first few gears were a lot smoother. I would take my girlfriend around and she commented that the bike feels much smoother than before. And for some reason, I dont know if this is directly connected or not but my bike does not have a problem starting anymore when it sits in the sun for too long. California models are known to have a minor problem starting in the sun due to emission standards. I no longer have to deal with that. My buddy also had that problem with his 04 gsxr and when he added the TRE in, the problem went away. He noticed the same results as mine, a smoother first few gears. So far, I love the mod and would definitely recommend it. I haven't had any problems yet. You might not notice a world of a difference, if any at all. So dont expect too much. How much are you getting the TRE for?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ...i think the shop i was gonna get it from it was about $70 for it

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks ...i think the shop i was gonna get it from it was about $70 for it
Holy cow. That is expensive! You can get it on ebay for like 40 bucks or less. It's going to be basically the same thing. Actually there was a post somewhere that shows you how to make your own too. I just bought mine on ebay from Checkered Motorsports or something like that.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
JSD switched which is noce for cold start ups in the north east
$48.00 shipped

·
Registered
302 Posts
i spent like 35 for mine shipped
i would recommend it to anybody though. i dont notice that much difference just driving around. where i noticed my biggest change is up in the air. the power i have in first and second is tremendous on one wheel compared to before. before, i had to pull the throttle harder to get up to my balance point. now it comes up alot smoother. alot of this has to do with me getting better, but in my mind the TRE helped me out alot with 2nd gear roll ons. each to his own though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I just recently swooped one off ebay from Checkerflags for 29.00 shipped. It was a good investment. It definitely made the throttle more responsive, smoother, and crisp throughout the first few gears. My bike is an 01 600 w/ a full system and a custom map, btw, and it made the ride much nicer. And yeah, wheelies are smoother as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I hate having to be the one to ask the question.... but... what is a TRE?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I hate having to be the one to ask the question.... but... what is a TRE?
its a timing retard eliminator. you plug it in and it tricks youre ecm into thinking its in fifth gear eliminating top speed limiter and running a more advanced timing map. do a search tons of crap should come up about it. when i had it on my tl i didnt notice a difference but other people have claimed improvements. cheap mod to do.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I kinda had doubts if the TRE works as well. But I switched it off, then revved the motor....it didnt rev up as fast or as smoothly.

Then I switched it on and saw the difference right away..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts