Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just got my K5 1000 last thur. I would like to know which TRE is better for the K5 1000.?
I heard that installing the TRE will disable the gear indicator. And does the TRE really will increase the bike performance.
And i find that gear 1&2 for the K5 is a bit slow on respose.
I had problem lfiting my bike in 2nd gear on power wheelie.

Anyone here can help mi with these question?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hi, just got my K5 1000 last thur. I would like to know which TRE is better for the K5 1000.?
I heard that installing the TRE will disable the gear indicator. And does the TRE really will increase the bike performance.

I can honestly tell you that I have the same problem lifting the K5 in 1st & 2nd gear, compare to my K3.
Aside, I'am also looking for a TRE that will not eliminate my gear indicator and yes, the TRE makes a difference in improve performance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can honestly tell you that I have the same problem lifting the K5 in 1st & 2nd gear, compare to my K3.
Aside, I'am also looking for a TRE that will not eliminate my gear indicator and yes, the TRE makes a difference in improve performance.

[/QUOTE]

i heard ivan TRE 7 can . It will not disable the gear indicator.
But i do need more info before i get one.Cos it not cheap.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

umm mine seems to be fine so far . maybe its just singapore bikes that might have that problems

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

Pardon for saying, but if you guys are having problems lifting the wheel on the K5 in 1st & 2nd something is wrong

My bike has tried to throw me off in 3rd gear power wheelies several times already

Bone stock so far..............and I am lousy at doing wheelies

·
Banned
13,898 Posts

Pardon for saying, but if you guys are having problems lifting the wheel on the K5 in 1st & 2nd something is wrong

My bike has tried to throw me off in 3rd gear power wheelies several times already

Keep in mind size does play a role. I am over 200 pounds and I do not have much trouble keeping the front down at full throttle.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

Keep in mind size does play a role. I am over 200 pounds and I do not have much trouble keeping the front down at full throttle.
Yeah, weight is of course a factor, but I am at 186 lbs so not that much difference beween us.
I find the K5 easy to lift, yet more controllable in 1st.

Anyways it is the performance with two weels firmly on the ground that counts.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.