Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a TRE. First one I found was the one by checkerd flag motorsports. Then I found this site: http://home.iprimus.com.au/stevebm/tre.html Just wondering what the best one to go with since they range in price from 30-150. What are you guys using? Does it even really help the acceleration on a 600?

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Try www.jsdproducts.com. They have everything you need at a good price.

I put a TRE on my 05 600 and took it back off (Built it myself). Just don't expect too much from the TRE. It smooths out the response and thats about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 05 GSXR600 and I got my switched TRE from there. Unfortunately, with it switched on, I can't get my bike to start no matter how much I adjust my idle. I have an email off to them but I have not heard back yet.

I'm not bashing them or anything, or trying to hijack your thread, that's just my experience with their switched TRE on the same bike. If you get one I would be very interested in your experience with it and I will let you know if I get mine worked out. Hopefully I will hear back from them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i have a jsd tre on my 05 750 and i like it. it smoothes it out nice no problems with it not starting either i leave it on all the time. i got the switched one just in case. its a cheap and easy mod for under 50 bucks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
well i know it helps with response and im gonna have to say it gives ya a little mor umph at the bottom. I built mine 11.40 for all the parts at radio shack, with it off first gear wheelies are easy with it on no possible way I can do a wheelie the back tire just spins out so....

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I bought the DIY switched kit from JSD so that I could get the stock connectors. I didn't have any problems building it. I'd do it again. It doesn't turn the bike into a low gear beast or anything so don't expect that but like everyone says, it smooths out the throttle response and the engine breaking in the first 3 gears. With as easy as it is, I'd tell ya to buy the DIY kit and save yourself all that extra money.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry, I'm new to the whole bike scene, but what does a TRE do?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought an unswitched JSD one like 5 months ago, I tested it after putting it on, and it didn't work, so I sent an email, and just like the guy above never heard back. Tested it again after a few weeks after noticing a difference and it was working. Lately I've noticed another difference and sure enough, it doesn't work again. I'd email them again but if they didn't get back to me after 4 months there is probably not a point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For those who have a switch. Where have you located the switch? Have you drilled any holes? I want to buy one that has the factory connector for sure but i'm worried about the "idle" so i'm wondering how you guys hooked up your things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those who have a switch. Where have you located the switch? Have you drilled any holes? I want to buy one that has the factory connector for sure but i'm worried about the "idle" so i'm wondering how you guys hooked up your things.
I put mine (even though it still doesn't work, yes, I am getting annoyed) under the front seat right in front of the battery. There is a little spot that actually holds the switch perfectly. I left the screws off the front seat and I can just lift the seat off when I want to. I don't really konw if that's a bad idea or not, can't think of any reason why it's a bad idea to not have the front seat screws on when my ass is sitting on it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I put mine (even though it still doesn't work, yes, I am getting annoyed) under the front seat right in front of the battery. There is a little spot that actually holds the switch perfectly. I left the screws off the front seat and I can just lift the seat off when I want to. I don't really konw if that's a bad idea or not, can't think of any reason why it's a bad idea to not have the front seat screws on when my ass is sitting on it.
All I can picture is you going over a big bump where you lift off the seat, and it decides to depart the bike.

Anyhow, I extended my TRE wires and ran them to the rear seat area. The switch sits between the bodywork and the trunk. It definately smooths out the throttle at low speeds.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Michael Hosier & GixxerDuder when you say that they're not working what exactly are you experiencing?

I have had no problem with my JSD and would definitely recommend it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Michael Hosier & GixxerDuder when you say that they're not working what exactly are you experiencing?

I have had no problem with my JSD and would definitely recommend it.
From my post above:

Unfortunately, with it switched on, I can't get my bike to start no matter how much I adjust my idle. I have an email off to them but I have not heard back yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree with him, this weekend there was a 2x4 wood block that I've not been able to avoid. I stood up and pull the steering and managed to get out of it without a scratch on me or the bike but the seat would have definitly went away if it would have been not bolted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts