Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am already running a TRE on my 02' but wasn't sure if an Acumen Digital Gear Indicator (DG8) would conflict and the gear reading would just be stuck on 5th? Is anyone running both applications or anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
851 Posts
As long as you connect the DG8 before the TRE it will work OK.
i don't know about the dg8, but i have the acumen and i love it. i had my tre installed for 2 yrs prior to the acumen installation and it was flawless. so easy to program, not like the dg8 where you need to ground some wire or something.

the gear indicators just tell the gear by seeing what rpm you are at, at what mph/kph you are going. they are not in direct link to the comp, just the speedo.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Do any of ya guys know where I can get a good price for the Acumen DG8 plug-in version for my '04 gixxer? Where did u guys get urs and for how much? Thanks!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I got mine from a guy on ebay for the best price ever. It was $80 shipped from the UK. It wasn't the plug-in, because for one, I can do it easily and I couldn't see paying $40 more just to plug it in..

This is the guy I got it from. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25643&item=7960520241&rd=1 that is for the red one, and he also has blue available. Very pleasant man and easy to deal with.

To wire it in, you just peel the rubber boot covering the speedo harness back and splice 5 wires together. Just shave some wire insulation away and twist the wires together. Wrap in a bit of electrical tape and move on to the next. Then wrap the wires all in a lil electrical tape and turn key to see if you've got power.

To program it, I threw it on the swingarm stand and just did like the instructions said. Couldn't be easier...Learn to wire things like this. You'll be amazed at the projects you get yourself into down the road..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts