Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new TRC installed and it sounds like a bird chirping. Got on the phone with Yosh and they told me they are in the process of making a plug for the hole. They drilled a hole about a 1\2 inch from the exit of the pipe,and the pressure from the exhaust going threw the hole makes that noise. So I went and bought a stainless bolt to plug it, and of course it slipped and went down the pipe all the way to the header.Took it apart and got it out. got the bolt in and it sounds fine now. JUST A HEADS UP ON THE CHIRP CHIRP!!!!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
My TRS has that little hole on the bottom of the spigot on the end of the can. I can only hear that sound at idle. Beyond that it doesn't bother me. What I can't figure out is why they put the hole there in the first place.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
THey told me its for an extra baffle.
Oh right, if you want to stick in that stupid Zyclone baffle in it. Gay.

So you said they are going to make some type of fitting to go in that hole they told you?

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Just got my new TRC installed and it sounds like a bird chirping. Got on the phone with Yosh and they told me they are in the process of making a plug for the hole. They drilled a hole about a 1\2 inch from the exit of the pipe,and the pressure from the exhaust going threw the hole makes that noise. So I went and bought a stainless bolt to plug it, and of course it slipped and went down the pipe all the way to the header.Took it apart and got it out. got the bolt in and it sounds fine now. JUST A HEADS UP ON THE CHIRP CHIRP!!!!
That's funny.
What next?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Any news on whether this will be fixed for the Titanium TRC slip on?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have the TRS on my bike. Had the same problem on deceleration it sounded like an exhaust leak. Called Yoshi up and they sent me a plug. The hole is for another noise baffle. I guess there is a law in Europe which you have to put the baffle in to be street legal? Hope this isn't a sign of whats to come here in the sates any time soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts