Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have my CHL so i carry when i ride anyways. But my question is regarding someone without a CHL. This labor day weekend Im going to go out to my land and go hunting. Im taking another buddy with me and we are riding out their. Im already carrying alot of stuff and multiple handguns just add weight i dont want. I know Texas does not have an open carry law but i heard randomly once that you where aloud to carry as long as where driving across at least 2 counties even if you dont have a CHL.....

now am i retarded and i just need to suck it up and ride rambo style with mine and my friends guns or i am correct and he can carry his own shit. :lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know it's legal to have it concealed in your vehicle in Texas, even if you do not own a CHL. It is also legal to carry it concealed from your residence to your vehicle. So if your friend can fit it in the storage space under the cowl he shouldn't be breaking any laws.

Also the guys at that work at the range are usually knowledgeable about this kind of stuff and if you call I am sure they will clarify it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts