Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my bike in the back of my pickup for 5 days.

now once I got it down I swear on my life that the forks sits lower in the front.

I ratchet strapped each handlebar down with a tiedown extension.

Now am I imagineing things or is my bike alright.

When I take a ride what signs will show me that my front end is fucked up???

Thanks for the help in advance fellas

Peace

~Andy

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
don't pull its down too hard since its already stable when the front wheel are already against the front of the pick up.its going no where except to the sides. too much pressure on the forks spring internals etc etc is bad if you do it alot of times or those long trips. best to get those canyon dnacer. i know i heard bad thing about them and they will fuck up the throttle but if you trail her on the pick up, the canyon dancer would be great . holds the bike upright and front wheel against the front pick up. since you have the K5, yeah your bike is totally just like it was brand new

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's only got 79 miles on it so I'm hoping she's OK...

right now i'm taking off the stickers.. there some tough MoFo's but i'm gettin' em..

I think the 1st thing i'm gonna do is get a wheel chock and lightly ratchet it down from now on.

Thanks for the reassurance sexfreak.

Peace

Andy

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
yes wheel chock wil be a super investment! easier on the forks and not have to pul the tiedowns any harder than it should

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah.. cuz when i had it ratcheted down the bike absolutly did not move.. it was down prob 2-3 inches..

i don't like busted fairings.. but i guess i didn't consider busted forks....

Peace

~Andy

·
Registered
422 Posts
You should never pull the bike down on it's suspension. I always use straps on the front spindle and rear paddock stand bobbins. It allows the bike to move up and down on its suspension.

If you haven't got oil leaks from your forks seals you should be ok.

Mark

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well how does the strap work for racing?? Just wondering never used em, but isnt it the same pricipal as strapping it in a truck?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts