Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a product called Canyon Dancers that alot of people use..They loop over the clipons.. this is probably the best place up front to tie down from .. and the rear tie down from the subframe....this seems to be standard from what other peeps and I do..

[ 04-05-2002, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Jon T. Flesh ]

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
you'll never get it onto the lower triple-clamp without rubbing up against a whole lotta stuff while tied down. Use the upper triple clamp and the footpegs.

If you can get a canyon dancer (basically a soft strap that you hook the tie-downs into that goes on top of your grips), do, they're not too expensive and save you a lot of the hassle.

[ 04-05-2002, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Jon T. Flesh ]

·
Registered
267 Posts
canyon all the way 20-30 great investment took ours to florida no problems.

[ 04-05-2002, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Jon T. Flesh ]

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
I usually Put 1 on each side of the Top triple Clamp, like Nudie suggested. Just tie it down so that the forks are a bit compressed, but not bottomed out.

as for the rear, I don't even tie that down, the shock will absorb the bumbs, and it will not move!

[ 04-05-2002, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Jon T. Flesh ]

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Just my .02 strap the rear subframe anyway, last year coming back from the races at Mid Ohio, we drove through a ton of rain, when we got home we noticed that all of the straps loosened up a ton from the last time we checked (before the rain) and one of the front came unhooked. If I didn't have the rear strapped also, my best friends R6 would have been sliding down the highway. One other thing, buy a roll of duct tape and tape up the hooks so no matter what, it can't come unhooked. Just a little extra time could save your bike.

[ 04-05-2002, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Jon T. Flesh ]

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm renting a bike trailer to go check out the races in Fontana. I have 4 tie-downs and 2 straps (w/a loop on each end). Where are the best places to anchor the bike down? I'd like to avoid the grips (especially the throttle if there's an option. Maybe the lower triple clamp? And what's best for the rear - the passenger peg mounts?

THX

[ 04-05-2002, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Jon T. Flesh ]

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
I use 4 tiedowns. I connect to the grips with loops, but I make sure that the loops are connected so the grips wont slide off. In the rear, i go to the subframe or pegs depending on the trailer.

[ 04-05-2002, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Jon T. Flesh ]

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I've always had great luck with the canyon dancer, works great.
If I don't have it for some reason, then I usually got to the upper tripple.
I dont' bother with the rear unless I'm going a long distance.

[ 04-05-2002, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Jon T. Flesh ]

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey i got a great idea, just drive the motorcycle.:cheers

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I bought my bike in Seattle and transported it all the way down to San Diego. I strapped it to the bed of my Colorado with Canyon Dancers & ratchet tie-down for the rear wheel. Had no problems.

Hey i got a great idea, just drive the motorcycle.:cheers
I don't think I'd want to ride it all from Seattle to San Diego. On top of that I think most track day organizers prefer that you don't ride your bike to the track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts