Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
just got one of these replacement keys off the net...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blank-Key-Suzuki-GSXR-600-750-1000-Hayabusa-Black-/300488438573?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item45f681b32d

key looks & feels just like the genuine suzuki key... what part of the suzuki key is the transponder chip located.... i understand that it has to be fitted to the aftermarket key... has anyone done this mod.....as i dont want to totally wreck my old key trying to find where transponder chip is located.. old key still starts bike...but is in abit of a state badly worn..

:cheers
I got two from eBay for $2.98 each from two different sellers, one blue and one black. I only needed non-transponder type but I was curious if they may have provision for the transponder chip from the old key like the one you bought. The blue one did not disassemble, but the black is the same as your one and will take the transponder chip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
key.. transponder chip & holder...
Signing up just to say thanks - I ride a GSR600 and my key's metal part is so worn out I can remove it after starting the bike. Saw the OEM blank key price, wanted to go for the cheap Chinese ones but had no idea how I could extract the chip/transcoder from my worn key.

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All, I believe there is a way to code a new chipped key on the bike itself using the working key by put the ecu into key flash mode. the manual does not say this but the dealership does it secretly. i do have an rough idea of the steps but need someone to get some more information. Basically you switch the dealer mode on and short the ign switch wires to make the ecu alive and then turn with the working key on which makes the flash mode on and then you need to cycle the blank key and it gets written by the ecu .

·
Registered
51 Posts
It cost me $100AUD to get my key scanned and a copy cut. No dealer mode, no one near the ECU and no hassles. Fucking about with 'shorting' wires. Not to mind it's just chinese whipsers.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts