Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going everyone?

So I've finally received my shipment of my furniture and bike (K4 600). I've spent the last 2 years making the transition to NYC from San Diego. I spent a year in Virginia in the process while everything was in storage and my buddy kept my GSXR in good order. It's been in storage/transit since April of this year.

Anyhow, long story short - it is here now, and I have to start all over in a new riding community. Back in SD, due to being a vendor for Creative Stirrup, I got great deals at a local bike shop, and had a super chill riding group to run from SD to Huntington beach on a good Sunday (Which is about 51 of 52 Sundays out of the year there:) ).

Now I will learn the ins and outs of being a NE rider - who to steer clear of, where the good events are, the good runs, good shops (for service, price and general friendliness), etc. I also have to get used to there being a "Riding season". I'll admit, I am a fair weather rider - I don't care to ride in the wet - at all. LOL.

So Hello everyone! I'm Damien, and hope to get my two wheels back under me and enjoy my bike here in the NE.

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
Welcome. I made the trek to the east coast too via the US Air Force by way of L.A.

Good luck adjusting to the seasons.

Ed

·
420 King of the World
3,434 Posts
We have a street crew on Sunday mornings and a track crew as well. Not much good riding in NYC so 1.5 hrs North is where its at. We have a chill thread in here for the N East Track Whores, stop in say hello, and if you are a track rider that is the place to chill. Most of us work on our own bikes so keep asking around for good shops. Welcome. :cheers Bear

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all!

I live in the BX, work in Manhattan. I usually do what work I can on my bike. I picked up a manual a while back and I'm pretty familiar with a wrench. I know I can order maintenance stuff online, but always nice to know where a "I need it today" shop is. Also, my work hours here are more demanding, so sometimes, I need the time saver of dropping it off.

I haven't tracked yet - but want to. Something I will likely pursue in the Spring/Summer.

Thanks for the heads up and pointers so far!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts