Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2001 750

going down the road and when shifting from 2nd to 3rd it acted like it didnt go into gear, shifted up again, samething. so i pulled over there was a loud grinding sound coming from the transmission, the only way to stop the grinding was to hold up on the shifter. anyone who has had a similar experience? thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
my bike just did the same thing. second on mine went out the bearing for one or more of the gears has given way and its loose and that the crazy raddle noise u r hearing u r going to need a tranny unfortunatley. best bet is to find a used one from somebody or off ebay or craigslist. i just finished mine up. i have a post up in tech mods and performance on this issue showing pic of the repair. if u have time and patients with tools or know someone that does it can be done at home but u have to drop the engine and split bottom case open to access it . my post will give a idea of wht ur up against. any questions feel free to send me a message. later
Stevo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, after pulling the clutch cover off and removing the clutch i was able to see that the bolt that holds the shift cam (star gear) to the shift drum had actually backed out. When it happened the shift cam ended up pushing the shift racket (or whatever thats called) into the big gear on the back of the clutch basket.

The bolt got beat up in the process so ones on order and it should be in today, in theory ill put that bolt back in and ride off into the sunset, i'll keep you posted

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well thats good to hear bro definately alot better than having to replace the tranny . crazy my bike had the same exact symtoms urs was having wish that had been all that was wrong with mine lol. just got mine back together yesterday runs great. i would check everything for damage probly just came loose under vibration, if thats the case just apply some red lock tight on the threads of new bolt and re-install. should be good to go then. later
Stevo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh it is way weird, im going to be so nervous when i put it back together, the first time i kick it into first :suicide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts