Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright having some trouble with the tranny/ clutch. In 5th and 6th gear usually on the freeway around 5000-7000rpm, I will get a harsh grind intermittently. It's usually when I'm letting off the throttle, or getting back onto it (only in 5th and 6th tho). Also, the throttle gooses really hard in every gear, it's not very smooth; when getting on the gas, I feel it clunk kinda hard, then it's nice and smooth when I open it more, but that initial throttle opening is really harsh. Also I noticed sometimes getting into the higher gears, the shifter grinds, mainly 5th and 6th like I said, but it's the sane grind sound that it makes on the freeway. I don't have any issues in the lower gears and when the grinding sound comes on, I see no rpm jump on the tach. Some ppl have told me clutch springs, some have told me transmission issue. (this never happened before I rebuilt the motor, and I didn't mess with any of the gears, I pulled the gearshifts out WITH the gears on them, they all were fine and the shift forks looked good too. Maybe removing/ installing the basket so many times wore the springs out?) any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the basket has been removed and reinstalled probably 10 times. The push rod looked okay, the forks, shafts, and everything else checked out okay too. ive only had one problem ever of the RPMs actually slipping and going crazy, leaning into a right bend it happened (almost seemed like it went from 4th-5th gear into neutral), once i engaged the clutch, and let off again, it was back to normal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts