Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong section I’m new here.
I’ve just got a k6 750 it has scorpion exhaust and decat and pc3 with a Translogic micro dash.
I’ve had a quick half hour on it tonight and hadn’t noticed when I got it yesterday.
Everything’s fine with the bike and dash displays temp, revs, speed and battery voltage but the gear selection number is sometimes a bit slow or wrong.
Any ideas what that could be and where to start looking?
Thanks

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
You can clean the gear selector indicator and see if that's the problem, but if the cleaning doesn't fix it this is usually a sign that it's on its way out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve asked the previous owner and he said it was originally fine and needs setting up through gear changes while moving and was done on dyno. Then hasn’t been done since the new battery as not easy to do on the road. I’ll have a look on the manual tomorrow to see if it mentions setting it up or if he’s full of shit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve done some digging on google and it seems he’s right it needs calibrating throughout all the gears at certain rev ranges while pressing a button on the dash. So definitely safer on the dyno

·
Registered
31 Posts
I fitted an aftermarket gear indicator, a Healtech, to a previous bike. Just needed to put it on a paddock stand securely to set the gears up, simple to do, must be if I could do it. Don't think it needs to be dynoed. You could also set the rpm change light too I suppose at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Daniel Billam
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing