Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got sick of having to pull the clutch in and having to change gears. I am a little lazy I guess.
I decided to try out some ATF out in the gearbox.
What a difference! Holy shit, this stuff actually worked!
No more having to pull the clutch in.
Just drop it in gear and go. It even shifts! No need to let off on the throttle. Just rip down the road.
My quater mile times have dropped too!

[ 11-23-2002, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: Deak ]

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
also if you want firmer shifts, go to the local performance shop and pick up some Hurst hot shift ATF
that shit is the bomb

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Just pull your clutch and all tranny parts out. You will save a lot more wieght that way.

jontflesh

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
I have tried using a variable speed drive (VSD) instead of a gearbox, advantages are no gear changes, less weight, variable torque settings via push button plc controlled logic centre. Disadvantages include complex fitting and 110/240/415v power required (but there is a mod to fix that)

·
Registered
357 Posts
i dont even use lube not, all the factory superbikes use dry clutch's, so i just drained my oil out of my tranny to have a dry clutch, it saved weight, i cant wait to take it out on the road and test it out! ill leave another post and let you guys know how it worked

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
OMFG...you just said you put in ATF? Are you serious?

I just tried it too, it works great..Dont forget to gap the ATF..i think its at like .034..i could be off!

Happy riding!

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Originally posted by jut8:
i dont even use lube not, all the factory superbikes use dry clutch's, so i just drained my oil out of my tranny to have a dry clutch, it saved weight, i cant wait to take it out on the road and test it out! ill leave another post and let you guys know how it worked
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm sure (I hope anyways) you realize if you drain the oil out of the tranny to have a dry clutch, that will also drain all the motor oil in the engine. To do the dry clutch mod, you also have to remove the piston rings themselves. That way air can still act as a lubricant between your pistons and cylinder walls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts