1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Nope!

·
Registered
99 Posts
your dentent (shift) star most likly loosened up it just needs to be tighten try that

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
has anyone had a problem with their trans popping out of gear

05 gsxr 600 2100 miles
Let me guess, 2nd gear?

Scott

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya it pops out of second at about 13.5k into neutural and i shift hard so i know its going into gear all the way???

·
Registered
99 Posts
i have a problem with my transmission also, when i release the clutch in many of the higher gears i recieve a clunk rather than a smooth take up of drive, it feals as if theres not enough preload on the gearing or the clutch is damaged :S im not sure, but i do know its only started happening after a long cruise, any ideas fellas?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey does anyone have problems putting their K5600's into neutural after the bike has been riden for a while? I have about 4000miles on it and I noticed that it won't go into neutural unless I turn it off or if I get lucky at the next light. Let me know! I'm ready to take her to the shop.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
no never any problems on either my 600 or 750. both have been ridden hard their whole life. if it there ever is, its because of the angle of your foot to the shifter, and your not getting a complete shift in.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I am seeing more issues with this new 1000 motor, 1-2 shift coming out of 2nd, and hitting a neutral between 5 and 6.

·
Registered
9,960 Posts
i love false nuetrals, scares the shit out of everyone on the freeway,
including myself. jk rarely happens to me i got 12,800 on my bike.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Mikebuen said:
Hey does anyone have problems putting their K5600's into neutural after the bike has been riden for a while? I have about 4000miles on it and I noticed that it won't go into neutural unless I turn it off or if I get lucky at the next light. Let me know! I'm ready to take her to the shop.
Most bikes do this. Its due to heat. Just blip the throttle with some pressure on the shifter and it will go to neutural.

·
Registered
955 Posts
If it's popping out of gear, either the dog's are excessively worn on the gears or a bent shifter fork. Either way you will probably need a professional diagnosis and repairs. Sorry.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've had mine in first and say neutural on the gauge, I let go of the clutch and CLUNK. Its so embarrassing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mikebuen said:
Yeh I got that problem after a longish run and its well hot , its a case of
1st,2nd 1st 2nd, 1st 2nd whhooah neutral light on clutch out "stall"
I just know it's gonna do it coz as I am pissing about going from 1st to 2nd I can feel it dragging all the time, I get the feeling it is more clutch drag than gear selection, I haven't even bothered talking to Suzuki because I can already hear the muppets saying oh it just needs more use
it will have loosened up by the time you got 7-8000 miles up , yeh right so I just suffer all this shit as the owner of a new bike and the next owner gets a bike that works right , what that all about!!!!

I spoke to Suzuki today and I am pissed with the treatment I recieved so its gloves off now :cursing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts