Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my bike temp gets pretty hot riding in traffic, it gets harder to shift and nearly impossible to find neutral at a stop. Do the transmissions in these bikes share the same oil as the engine? I haven't changed my oil since last season(I know I'm stupid and lazy), so maybe the viscosity is breaking down under the heat. Anyone know?

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
there is only one oil to change (so yes the motor and trans use the same oil). You should change it frequently... and check to see that it is topped up on a regular basis. I check mine before every ride or so just to be sure cuz if you wheelie some oil can find its way up the crank case breather hose and it'll get burned off.

do an oil AND FILTER change and see if it helps, maby check out the friction plates on your clutch to see if they're burnt out from lack of oil or something... that's somewhere to start anyways...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
imo suzuki is not known for the trannies. mine was kind of like that. neutral was hard to find sometimes. change your oil and see if that helps.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neutral is normally easy to find on my bike, but when the temp gets high, it suddenly gets hard to find. I'll change the oil and see if it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts