Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 04 750 couple months ago... Till now I can't make a perfectly smooth turn...the throttle is so sensitive. I guess for all 04-05 750 owners, are your throttle very sensitive, very twitchy??? i guess it can be just mine. i had a 01 750, nothing close to it.
So i'm thinking maybe trading for a 04-05 600...never rode one so not sure how much difference there is. i ride my bike equally meaning commuting/canyons/track..
600 should be pretty close to a 750 right? I'm not really into speed anymore...so 600 sounds good to me right now...maybe will trade with someone local...

·
Registered
278 Posts
ha, i would trade with ya, but i'm no where near you. i've been thinking of upgrading to the 750. but sorry, can't help ya, i've never riden a new 750, so i wouldn't know what the throttle is like.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My throttle became just a tad twitchy after the first few months. Adjusted the cable play and it smoothed out a little. The cable will stretch a bit, perhaps enough to have an affect? They say a custom map will smooth power delivery. But truth is, the bikes were made to go slow and smooth. You just gotta learn to adapt and develop technique to handle it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i would say keep the 750 and just wait till you get used to the bike. there is little difference between the two bikes and i think you will be sorry you made the trade. i havent riden a 750 but my bike felt a little twitchy the first 100 miles or so to me and heard the same from other riders. and since your coming up from an 01 it may feel that way to you for a while. just ride it a little while and i think you will be pleased you did.

·
Registered
924 Posts
But truth is, the bikes were made to go slow and smooth. You just gotta learn to adapt and develop technique to handle it.
Really? I always thought they were ment to go fast and smooth. I've never had to adjust throttle play (because of it being twitchy) in any of my bikes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah I also think it's the FI, it will feel funny if you're used to carbs. I'm also struggling to get used to it but it reminds me a lot of my TL which was even worse. You'll get used to it, it gets jerky is around corners when you start opening the throttle, just do it slowly.
I've ridden a TL with a TRE and custom map and that was a lot smoother.

·
Registered
542 Posts
it definitely is twitch, just like they said in the magazine reviews. all it took me was some practice with the throttle.. now i can get it smoothly almost every time. I plan on putting my pc3 on soon with the full system so im sure it will help it a little. And also in my opinion, for what you described what you do with your bike.. you may actually liek the 600 better. its lighter , handles sharper and overall still feels very similar to the 750 (ergos). For me i would never go back to a 600.. just doesnt have the balls lol

·
Banned
12,729 Posts
i adjusted my throttle to make it tighter and no play. A good key for going into a corner is that your SUPPOSE to be a little on the throttle. Your never suppose to be all the way off. For two big reasons:

1: gsxr's are known for it, but because of the twitchyness and abrupt response stay a little on the throttle

2: you want the weight on the rear tire not still on the front from engine braking. Thats all done as your coming into the corner.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I notice the twich also, but I seem to have adapted. I love the 750 power, Im not wishing for a 1000 and Im glad I started of with enough juice to keep me excited about owning it. Its really just 1/8 of an inch increments when you roll on that throtle try riding a gear up (or 2) from normal it wont be so abrupt. You'll lose the initial low end torque but I too believe you'd regret a swap. and definatley stay a little on the throttle and look through the apex. good luck

·
Registered
183 Posts
You wouldn't beleve the difference making minor adjustments to throttle and clutch cable play can make. These are things I overlook at I bet others overlook too. I'm sure cables and such stretch a bit within the first few thousand miles. Mine was real smooth when I first got it and it lost some of that. I already adjusted the throttle cable and it hasn't slacked up since. Just make sure to turn your steering hard right and left to make sure the engine does not idle up when you do (means its too tight). Adjusting the clutch helped a lot too. Mine was never good at clutchless upshifting so I gave up on it thinking I was doing something wrong. After adjusting the clutch, no problem now, smooth as silk. I intend to get a PCIII in the next month or two and get it mapped to make it really smooth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.