Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I didnt get 'Big Boy' done in time for the trackday. I got it rideable, but it was not ready for the track. This was a pretty important trackday, as I had invited a buddy down from Alabama, who rides a 86 GSXR. It was also my company's trackday, and I wanted to make a decent showing. So I took the 91 1100, as I knew what to expect out of it.

Everything turned out great, bike ran all day, no off track excursions. He did finally spill the beans that he has a B12 motor in his 86 750 (cheater!!). Now I really want to get 'Big Boy' ready for the next time we meet up. He was having some clutch issues, and he is using a Euro 88-89 750 harness and some crappy igniter box, so his rev limiter is kicking in around 9500rpm. I told him about this site, so Im sure he is going to show up, and get some good info on how to get his bike running better... just what I need. He is an ex-racer from back in the day also. We have a blast on the track, as we are very equally matched. We were never more than one turn apart all day long. I got some footage, but am having some difficulties getting it uploaded to youtube. I taped one session on a lesser setting, and am trying to get it to load right now. I will post a link as soon as I get it to work.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay... so the first lap was pretty slow, as he doesnt have tire warmers... and it is a really short vid, but I have a bunch more that are longer, so I will try to post some longer, better quality ones tomorrow.... and the sound is horrible, so turn down the volume...

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
awesome darrin! :punk youtube kicks ass.

is your tach broken? cuz the speedo needle on my former 91 750 broke one day and it would vibrate in the bezel.

i have a trackday on monday and a friend has camera. hopefully, he will be able to set-up the camera on my bike, but i am not sure.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome darrin! :punk youtube kicks ass.

is your tach broken? cuz the speedo needle on my former 91 750 broke one day and it would vibrate in the bezel.

i have a trackday on monday and a friend has camera. hopefully, he will be able to set-up the camera on my bike, but i am not sure.
Yep... I have 3 91/92 1100 tachs, and they all bounce around after a few laps. So I tried this old 89 750 tach, and the needle broke in the second session. It didnt really matter, because without 2nd gear. I was only shifting 4 times a lap. I cant wait to the other bike done. Then I can give Old Blue some long-overdue love...

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Yep... I have 3 91/92 1100 tachs, and they all bounce around after a few laps. So I tried this old 89 750 tach, and the needle broke in the second session. It didnt really matter, because without 2nd gear. I was only shifting 4 times a lap. I cant wait to the other bike done. Then I can give Old Blue some long-overdue love...
do you need 750 guages?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
BallzFast
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing