Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Gixxer2k4 said:
where can i find information on trackdays in my area. Do they offer some type of class for beginners.
And just exactly where is your Area...????

Most track day orgs. have a beginner/ street group, and some have a orintation class/ meeting. If you let us know where you live, we could help ya out....

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
look up ride smart, lone star tack day so on so forth.

Ridesmart has a track day in Cresson, TX on the 14, and another in College Station on the 26th. I'm hitting the 26th one at Texas World in Colllege Station. You'll hae to have full leathers, and about $130 bucks. You'll need to sign up a head of time. just do a search on google, or check texasroadrage.com and post a questoin on there.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yep, Ridesmart and Lonestar Trackdays are the main track organizations. Lonestar is more expensive (about $35 and $50 more depending on which track) Leather rentals are the same price...$75 for leathers and boots. Ridesmart requires track school attendance for riders in level I and level II (that sucks for those who want to just ride and hang out with friends and they will hunt you down if you are not in class
). Ridesmart track school is "okay" but too many riders in each group with not enough instructors for feedback...if you want feedback. They usually have like 25-30 riders per group and 2-3 instructors. Don't forget Ducati Austin puts on trackdays as well for $150, you should call and see if they will let non-Italian bikes in. They used to only let Ducs and Aprilia and I think Triumphs in. Last fall I did a trackday with them and was the only Suzuki on the track
. It was fun running with 996's, 998's, and 999's. Ducati Austin puts on the best trackday by far. It's known as a "gentlemans trackday" and provided free Ducati t-shirts and an Italian lunch complete with pasta, bread, and dessert. Not to mention we got in 7 sessions. Most trackdays you get 5, maybe 6 at most.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey Gixxer2k4,

I have 2 friends in Austin that are newbies to bikes and just did the 1st trackday a week ago. Myself and 3 friends live about 45 min. from Austin in Killeen and we do about 15 trackdays per year and are pretty much track junkies. Send me a PM and I'll get with you and discuss what you'll need. You can join us in the paddock area, we always have room for another GSXR. Plenty of trackdays coming up, like one a week almost.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
Yep, Ridesmart and Lonestar Trackdays are the main track organizations. Lonestar is more expensive (about $35 and $50 more depending on which track) Leather rentals are the same price...$75 for leathers and boots. Ridesmart requires track school attendance for riders in level I and level II (that sucks for those who want to just ride and hang out with friends and they will hunt you down if you are not in class
). Ridesmart track school is "okay" but too many riders in each group with not enough instructors for feedback...if you want feedback. They usually have like 25-30 riders per group and 2-3 instructors. Don't forget Ducati Austin puts on trackdays as well for $150, you should call and see if they will let non-Italian bikes in. They used to only let Ducs and Aprilia and I think Triumphs in. Last fall I did a trackday with them and was the only Suzuki on the track
. It was fun running with 996's, 998's, and 999's. Ducati Austin puts on the best trackday by far. It's known as a "gentlemans trackday" and provided free Ducati t-shirts and an Italian lunch complete with pasta, bread, and dessert. Not to mention we got in 7 sessions. Most trackdays you get 5, maybe 6 at most.
well at 20min intervals by the end of the day you can be pretty tired. if they had more Sat/Sun track days post up. those are the only ones I can make because of the Airforce. But i will be at the memorial day one in May since its a holiday here at training.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
well at 20min intervals by the end of the day you can be pretty tired. if they had more Sat/Sun track days post up. those are the only ones I can make because of the Airforce. But i will be at the memorial day one in May since its a holiday here at training.
Even Ridesmart dropped the weekend trackdays, except for one. Weekend track rental is much higher for the track organizations plus all of the car events they are competing against for track useage.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
well ya the 26th (which I'll be at) so hopefully the weather holds.
when i was up in arkansas it seemed like hallett motor speedway (west of tulsa) was always having a track day on sunday.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
well ya the 26th (which I'll be at) so hopefully the weather holds.
when i was up in arkansas it seemed like hallett motor speedway (west of tulsa) was always having a track day on sunday.
I noticed that on their website that they do have a lot of Sunday trackdays. I plan on making the drive to that track in Sept/Oct. to catch a Monday trackday if they have one. Fortunately I have almost 2 months of vacation time saved up at work

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yeah, I'm bummed about not having many (any?) weekend trackdays in TX. I am hopefully getting the job I interviewed for yesterday, which means working 8-5 mon-fri in San Antonio.

I went to the LSTD at Texas world speedway last week, but did not ride (yeah, I was one of the few toolbags there not in leathers)... had a blast though, looks like a lot of fun + lot of learning experience.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yeah, I'm bummed about not having many (any?) weekend trackdays in TX. I am hopefully getting the job I interviewed for yesterday, which means working 8-5 mon-fri in San Antonio.

I went to the LSTD at Texas world speedway last week, but did not ride (yeah, I was one of the few toolbags there not in leathers)... had a blast though, looks like a lot of fun + lot of learning experience.
I was there and will be at every Monday LSTD trackday. Hit me up next time you go. Don't know if you saw my bike but it was the black/yellow GSXR with my blood type on the windscreen

·
Banned
15,031 Posts

I was there and will be at every Monday LSTD trackday. Hit me up next time you go. Don't know if you saw my bike but it was the black/yellow GSXR with my blood type on the windscreen
haha thats messed up.

I'm in San Antonio - if your moving down around here check out texasroadrage.com. were in a little transitioning phase with people moving, change in jobs so on so forth, but i'm sure some kind of regular ride will start back up. The only thing is those who do track days don't want to make their bike street/track ready over and over. And those though who used to ride a ton have no moved, or started jobs taht include weekends
so it'll be an intersting summer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts