Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up for Summit Jefferson june 11 and 12. Trying to get the bike ready now. Taking all oem stuff off. New(used) tank, body kit from Godfather, gp tech stay, dzus fasteners. Should I get some spare parts for my rear sets(Gilles) how about a set of clip-ons, case covers etc. I really don't want to go down but in the case I do what are the must haves? Don't want to go down day 1 hour 1 and Sit the rest of the weekend. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Is this your strret bike..? I never did anything to mine..except safty wire the oil filter, and tape the headlight...but then, I never crashed at a track day....

IMHO...use the KISS method....no need to replace every little part on the bike, cuzz you aint goin racin, your goin to have fun, and possibly learn a few things..

For those of ya that don't know what the KISS method is...K..keep I...it S..simple S...stupid.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Yeah, What Hammer said. If this is your first time, just go out and have fun.

Don't worry about trying to have everything set for if you were Heading to your first race.

Just use your Godfather bodywork, GP fairing stay and be done with it.

If you found a cheap tank then fine, but if you crash hard enough to get the tank more then that may be wrong.

Don't try to work on too many things at once. Pick a set of corners to work on body position, another 1-2 corners to work on your line, and another to work on your Braking.

Biggest thing is try to relax, it is hard when you are riding that hard.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,130 Posts
+1 - but do bring an extra set of brake and clutch levers, they normally break first

1 - 4 of 4 Posts