Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Track day Lap Timer, anyone recommend Phone Mount??

6K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Disrop 
#1 ·
I have always been using iphone lap timer for track days, i put my phone inside the passenger seat. the problem is i cannot see the lap time, by seeing the lap time it will help me improve.

anyone using phone mount for track day? i want something that is safe & secure. i figure if theres an enclosed case with hole in the corner than i can zip-tie it to the bike. is theres such thing?

the reason i wanted to use a phone for lap timer is cheap and decent, phone timer is equal or better than those $500 or less lap timer.

thanks!

#8 ·

Attachments

Reactions: Elduder
#14 ·
Well, that was a big fuckin disappointment. When I got it I powered it up and played with it on the bench for a bit to make sure I understood how to use it. Installed it on my bike about a week later. Prepping for my first trackday since I installed it and it won't power on. New battery and nothing. Dead before I even got a chance to use it. That explains the price....

#17 ·
It must have had moisture or something. First three sessions, and nothing. At the end of the lunch break, I go to fill it up with fuel and it's on. Sitting in the sun for a few hours was the cure. I think I might put it in a ziplock in the garage with a silica pack between trackdays....

Now the worst part. First time at the track with a timer and I leave the fucking transmitter on the steps of the tower. I know who has it, so I should be getting it back, but I was half way home when I realized it.

#18 ·
I velcro mine to the top of my triple tree for storage and transport. It's a part of my checks to make sure it's there during my pack up routine to try and keep from forgetting it. Empty velcro means I'm missing something

#20 ·
I have always been using iphone lap timer for track days, i put my phone inside the passenger seat. the problem is i cannot see the lap time, by seeing the lap time it will help me improve.

anyone using phone mount for track day? i want something that is safe & secure. i figure if theres an enclosed case with hole in the corner than i can zip-tie it to the bike. is theres such thing?

the reason i wanted to use a phone for lap timer is cheap and decent, phone timer is equal or better than those $500 or less lap timer.

thanks!
there are a lot of phone holders and it will be the best solution for your problem

#21 ·
Auto part Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Motorcycle Car
Auto part Vehicle Engine Suspension Suspension part

For my track bike I did like this

not very pleasant, estetically, but functionally is the best result. Max visibility, and I still can see most of the dashboard (I only look at gears sometime and to engine alerts/temp)

total cost, 2 or 3 euro. A small piece of aluminum, a phone cover blocked with some rivets. Two bolts into the holes that normally are used for rear mirrors

—-

It gave me a big improvement, being able to see the sectors timing helps a lot

and withracechrono pro you can see in realtimethe Delta diffeeeenxe from your actual lap, and beat lap

#23 · (Edited)
Where did you search for the product you need?
Because I found a lot of good options and inexpensive ones. Recently threw out my last phone holder as it was in an unusable condition. And I had to find a replacement for him. Almost immediately I was able to find a good replacement in the form of motorcycle phone holder. Already tried it on the road, the quality is good, the phone is fixed tightly. I advise you to search better, because there are good products. Ask around with friends, go shopping, look at websites and I am sure that you will be able to find an inexpensive and good holder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.