Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have or know someone with a track bike that they convert to a street bike for temporary use??? I have a K5 that is a pure track bike but every now and then want to take a ride to work. I am trying to think of a way to put temporary head light and tail lights that come off quickly when it's time for the track. If someone out there has a pic of one please post it.

THX

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I have known a few, but most just keep two sets of bodywork.

The biggest downside of it to me is having to keep insurance on the damn thing for those small occasions

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought of the insurance thing.....when I called they told me that it would cost about $9.00 a month for liability only! That is not bad at all. I really don't want to put it back on the street.....but there are those times when the weather is really nice and not a track will be open that make me want to tag it and go out riding. I will probably just wait and get another street ride!

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
you can get the enduarance fairings that have a light in the front. slap some velcro blinkers on!!

sounds like a hassle to me!!

goodluck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
ant f
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing