Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after checking what kind of filter I have on my bike I recently bought (gsxr 1000 2006) I decided to adjust the tps since it shows on the top of the C in dealer mode. I was moving it and the damn thing was grinding at me, it wasn't liking the fact I was moving it around lol.

I got it to get centered for a second but that was it, it kept grinding then gave me a C28 code. I gave up, not really knowing how it was adjusted, it was still stuck in the top part of the C, while in dealer mode.

Any tricks to this?

Thanks,

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,705 Posts
+1 It's fairly easy for someone new to the bike to adjust the secondary instead of the primary sensor, which results in both needing adjusting. See the pics on 4-20 and 5-22 of the service manual. C28 says that you were almost certainly fiddling with the secondary.

As I recall, it takes a bit for the adjustment to register. Note that the bike should be at 1150 RPM (1200 RPM indicated on cluster) when adjusting.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have had the manual with me, possibly I wasn't adjusting the right one, good news it still runs the same after I messed with it. I'll look over it again this weekend.
Thanks all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts