Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okie....for those of you that have saw my previoius post before, you know this is not my first encounter with the TPS problem...well....the problem striked again..

I flipped on the dealer mode switch last night, and the notch is not at the center again...I just want to know if I can fix the problem by replacing the TPS??? or is there more to this?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Ok I dont remember what the problem was, please give me the link or post the problem again..

Thanks....

John

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okie John, here's the recap..

one day..while riding to school, the FI light was flashing...and I flipped on the dealer mode switch, I see c14..and and it turned out that the TPS was at fault...that little notch right by the c00 is not centered...so I loosen the bolt..adjusted the TPS...until -c00 showed up...

about 5 days later...the FI light came on again...the little notch right by the c00 is at the lower position..and I readjusted the damn thing...and the problem went away for few days....and today....the problem came back!!!

my mechanic suggested that I replace the TPS...which will run me about $48 if get it from Ron Ayers....but just want to make sure if by replacing the sensor..the problem would go away for sure...hate to spend the money and find out that the new sensor would give me the same headache..

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
So then you still get the c14 error?

If so then I would think it is the sensor for that code... TPS... it is a fairly safe bet. Have you checked the wires going to it? I could be a bad connection, then with the vibration, it COULD get a false reading... Something to check for that wont cost much...

Get some Di-Electric grease from your auto parts store, put some on the plug for your TPS and you might want to put some on the plugs going into the ECU... It really can help...

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts