Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i just want to check my TPS, I did search here but found nothing and I have been looking in the manual i downloaded from GDC and have found nothing yet! Can anybody give me instructions how to do this, as i have no idea where its at or how to do it! Thanx!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
On the left rear of the bike under the tail you will find a sqaure white connector, you will need to stick a wire in there and jump the 2 pins, at this point you can turn on your key and there will be c00 - on your dash the line will move up and down when you play witht ehgas, what you are looking for is for the line to be in the center, if it is not loossent he tps sensor and moive it till it does. You will only need to move it a little bit. then you can start it ans see if it is centered. ( th ebook says to make sure it is centered when it is not running but I get it so it is center when it is on and off.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Hold on a second. Joe G may be correct. Check the connector. If my memory serves me, the ECU changed in 03 and there are 4 wires in the connector, the 01's and 02's have two wires. The bikes that have 4 wires can get screwed up if the wrong wires are jumped.

If the plug only has 2 wires, then follow Joe's instructions.

·
Premium Member
26,407 Posts
Yes, there are 4 wires on the 03-04's, but it's still the same color code as the 2 wire set up: black w/white wire and white w/red wire. Check Bugman's site. He has the definitive answer on this, cuz I just used his info to hook up my own dealer switch on my '04.

My problem is every time I get it locked in and tightend back down with the bar in the middle and the bike off, then I go to start it, flip the dealer mode switch back on and I find out somehow the damn thing has moved!
I'm havin a hell of a time here. Plus, when it changes, it seems to mess up my STPS adjustment, which was also dead on .50 volts with the bike off. Stupid sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts