Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totally Freakin\' Frustrated about Suspension

Been looking to get a new rear spring for my bike and wanted to know the right weight spring. I've talked with four different suspension companies and gotten four different responses. Traxxion Dynamics says I need a 550# spring. RaceTech says I need about a 375# spring, CircuitOne Suspension (local shop) says between 450 and 475, and Lindemann says 425#. RaceTech says my 89 750 weighs 415 pounds (which I think is light) and Lindemann says my bike weighs a featherweight 500 pounds. This is killing me. Whose advice do I take and does it matter whose spring I get?

------------------
We are men of action, lies do not become us. Are there rocks ahead? If there are, we'll all be dead.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Totally Freakin\' Frustrated about Suspension

Umf,
I think the 89 is one of the lighter oil cooled bikes at 429lbs dry. With Fuel/oil you are looking at about 460lbs.

I have an Ohlins shock and spring (46HRCL) on my 88 sling and it is amazing. I am 188lbs and I think the spring is for 190lbs, it is perfect.

I hope this helps!

------------------
88 Slingshot!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Re: Totally Freakin\' Frustrated about Suspension

I would think the simple solution is to weigh the bike with you on it and weigh the front and back ends seperatly and then you will be able to get the right spring.

------------------
86 moded one end to the other

1 - 3 of 3 Posts