Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Based on his sign in name
I'll go with 40ft-lbs for the frame sliders. Just make the swingarm sliders a little tight, but don't crank hard on it.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I'll go with 40ft-lbs for the frame sliders. Just make the swingarm sliders a little tight, but don't crank hard on it.
I never assume.

For a 2005 GSX-R 600 frame sliders are 39.8 ft. / lbs. (55 Nm), the right side engine pinch bolt is 16.5 ft. / lbs. (23 Nm), and I believe the swingarm sliders are 8.5 ft. / lbs. (12 Nm). Later,

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I never assume.

For a 2005 GSX-R 600 frame sliders are 39.8 ft. / lbs. (55 Nm), the right side engine pinch bolt is 16.5 ft. / lbs. (23 Nm), and I believe the swingarm sliders are 8.5 ft. / lbs. (12 Nm). Later,
+1 on the slider spec. not sure on the swingarm spec. I'm 90% certain that the spec is listed in the owner's manual and if you buy the oem sliders the included instructions list the torque spec.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
boganz listed that. 16.5 ft-lbs.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
It IS important because: 1) if they weren't important they would not have them, 2) certain bolts need to be at a specific "tightness" so they don't back loose and fall out, and 3) because you can strip the threading in aluminum easily if you are not careful with the proper "tightness". Later,

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Agreed!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
How much trouble am I in if I tightened both frame sliders to 39.5, and I also put some lock tite on them. Shoud I take the bolt out and retorque it to the lower specs or shoudl I just leave it where it is? They have been on for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
39.5 vs 39.8? Dude, you're lucky if your torque wrench is within 2-3 ft-lbs. Don't worry about it. Don't worry about the locktite either. You're fine.

Now if you tightened the frame pinch bolt to 39.5..........

·
Registered
94 Posts
for a 2005 gsxr 750, there were 2 bolts I removed, and replaced with the vortex bolts. I posted up here when I did it and I got a response saying 39.8. I tightened both bolts to that spec..how come some posts have said 39.8 and then some same 16.whatever for this other bolt. I am thinking the one on the right side is the pinch bolt, and if so its tighten to 39.8...so what should I do. Is tightening this much goign to fuck up the bolt or the threads inside the engine (or whatever piece has the threads_)

Check my earlier post to see that I was only told 39.5
http://www.gixxer.com/ubbthreads/showfla...rue#Post1545229

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
You asked about the frame slider bolts and that's the question that was answered.

There's a little pinch bolt on (I believe) the right side of the bike that you have to loosen to take the engine/frame slider bolt out on that side. That pinch bolt should only be tightened to 16.5ft-lbs. If you tightened it to 39.5 there's a chance you might have stripped the threads.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The threads on the bolt or actaully the ones inside the piece I am screwing them into. Hmmm, now I wondering if I put the frameslider on in the right position. It looks like it is in the right position and I didn't see any other spot to put it. I will have to post up some pics. Can anyone post up pics of framesliders on an 05.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just installed frame sliders on my 05 600. - I tightened both of the bolts to 33lbs.
are the bolts on the left and right side supposed to be 39lbs? I plan on tightening them more

whats a pinch bolt? I only touched the 2 bolts when putting on the sliders. Thought the bike was semetrical so i used the same torque on both sides.

looking at the service manual in chart 3-12, I think i did it right, but this 16.5lb pinch bolt everyone mentioning is throwing me off..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts